Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-02-2002, 04:09 PM   #31
Lord Shield

Quote:
Originally posted by Arledrian:
Looks like Lord Shield will be the first to perish when the sun blows up. The sun shines out of his arse, after all [img]tongue.gif[/img]
hence my immunity to it [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Old 10-02-2002, 04:18 PM   #32
AzRaeL StoRmBlaDe
Hathor

my suspicions are confirmed I thought it was getting hotter, but its only the sun heating up about to blow up, well thats a releif. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 10-02-2002, 05:14 PM   #33
/)eathKiller
Dracolisk

Yipee... Maybe we'll all get to die and the moon will turn to blood just like said because the sun will lilght it up so much...
Old 10-02-2002, 05:27 PM   #34
Sir Goulum
John Locke

Quote:
Originally posted by Azred:
This is just plain nonsense. If the sun's temperature rose that dramatically, we could see it--there is a direct correlation between the temperature of a star and the distribution of wavelengths of radiations being emitted. That is, cooler stars are red and hotter stars are blue; since the sun has not color-shifted to blue then the temperature is not rising like that. Enormous prominences are a normal phenomena; some of them can be larger than the Earth.
Besides, based on all accumulated cosmological/astronomical research shows that the Sun, a G-2 (or is it G-4?) star, would become a red giant before entering the last stages of its life. So there.

On the other hand, there is evidence to show that solar activity, especially the 11-year sunspot cycle, does have a considerable influence upon the mean surface temperature of the Earth.

This "researcher" deserves a pat on his head. [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh3.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/petard.gif[/img]
I agree. I'm a science geek (I admit!) and stars turn huge at the end of their life. The sun isn't going to Supernova for another 3 or 6 billion years! [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 10-02-2002, 05:56 PM   #35
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

Perhaps a picky point, but I don't think you can predict any cosmic event regarding stars within 6 years. [img]graemlins/dontknowaboutyou.gif[/img] Maybe within 6 thousand.
Old 10-02-2002, 06:05 PM   #36
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Quote:
Originally posted by Warhammer:
or so it says here

Coutdown to meltdown.
Funny, but this paragraph gave it away:

-----
The core temperature of the Sun is normally 27 million degrees Fahrenheit. But in recent years it's climbed to an alarming 49 million degrees, says Dr. Van der Meer, leader of a team of Amsterdam-based space scientists who've been tracking the changes in the Sun.
-----

Someone from Amsterdam would not use Fahrenheit, they would use Centigrade.

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Old 10-02-2002, 06:07 PM   #37
Atrayu
The Magister

Does this have anything to do with the ozone hole splitting in two the other day.
Old 10-02-2002, 06:26 PM   #38
Lord Shield

Quote:
Originally posted by Atrayu:
Does this have anything to do with the ozone hole splitting in two the other day.
sorry that was the beans i ate

Old 10-02-2002, 06:33 PM   #39
Melusine
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by Ziroc:
Funny, but this paragraph gave it away:

-----
The core temperature of the Sun is normally 27 million degrees Fahrenheit. But in recent years it's climbed to an alarming 49 million degrees, says Dr. Van der Meer, leader of a team of Amsterdam-based space scientists who've been tracking the changes in the Sun.
-----

Someone from Amsterdam would not use Fahrenheit, they would use Centigrade.
They would? [img]graemlins/saywhat.gif[/img]
Old 10-02-2002, 06:53 PM   #40
Atrayu
The Magister

LoL,, canned ones' I bet ! [img]graemlins/moon.gif[/img]