Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-28-2001, 01:33 PM   #1
Arvon
Unicorn

*** Things that can and do bother the "normal" person. ***

Having to try on a pair of sunglasses with that stupid little plastic thingy in the middle of them.

The person behind you in the supermarket runs his cart into the back of your ankle. The same person that gives you a "blank stare" when you look at them.

There's always a car riding your tail when you're slowing down to find an address.

You open a can of soup and the lid falls in.

It's bad enough that you step in dog poop, but you don't realize it till you walk across your living room rug. Especailly since you don't even have a dog!

There's a dog in the neighborhood that barks at EVERYTHING.

You can never put anything back in a box the way it came.

Three hours and three meetings after lunch you look in the mirror and
discover a piece of parsley stuck to your front tooth.

You drink from a soda can into which someone has extinguished a cigarette.

You slice your tongue licking an envelope...OUCH!

Your tire gauge lets out half the air while you're trying to get a reading.

You wash a garment with one tiny tissue in the pocket, and your entire laundry comes out covered with lint.

A piece of foil candy wrapper makes electrical contact with your filling...DOUBLE OUCH!

People behind you on a supermarket line dash ahead of you to a counter just opening up.

You can't look up the correct spelling of a word in the dictionary because you don't know how to spell it!

You have to inform five different sales people in the same store that you're just browsing.

You reach under the table to pick something off the floor and smash your head on the way up.

53.7% of all statistics are made up
Old 11-28-2001, 02:27 PM   #2
Reeka
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Pricelss! I concur on all counts!
<b>Order of the Holy Flame</b><br /><i>Member of Clan HADB</i><br /><b>Laughing Hyena</b><br /><i>Clan Liaison, IW Peace Keeping Force</i><br /><i>[url]\"http://www.the-silver-river.com/Forum/index.php?board=29\" target=\"_blank\">The Silver River VoiceChat!</a><br />Last Saturday of every month. <br />See the forum link for scheduling!<br /><b> </b><br /></i><br /><b>Admin and Co-Owner of [url]\"http://www.the-silver-river.com\" target=\"_blank\">The Silver River</a></b><br />[url]\"http://www.the-silver-river.com\" target=\"_blank\"></a>
Old 11-28-2001, 02:29 PM   #3
Sir Degrader
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Welcome to my world. [/IMG]
Old 11-28-2001, 02:32 PM   #4
Campino

whoaaa!!!
[img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] this is just great.
Arvon,you truly are one of a kind. [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]
Old 11-28-2001, 02:32 PM   #5
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Arvon:
*** Things that can and do bother the "normal" person. ***
You have to inform five different sales people in the same store that you're just browsing.

I have left stores before because of that! I'll generally tolerate the first two, but the third one? Third strike, and I'm out of there. What that tells me as a consumer is one of two things: 1) you as a salesperson have nothing better to do, or 2) you think I'm a shoplifter and obviously not to be trusted. Either way, it's really very demeaning.

One time, though, I did have some fun with one salesperson that I could NOT shake. I sent him to the back to look for some obscure item, knowing that it would be a full 5 minutes before he got back with it that I could shop in peace. When he came back, I looked at it, said, "Oh, no, wrong color," and sent him back looking for another one. By the time he finally got back, I was checked out.

Cheers,

"And all my days are trances, and all my nightly dreams,
Are where thy grey eye glances, and where thy footstep gleams,
In what ethereal dances, by what eternal streams..."
Old 11-28-2001, 04:37 PM   #6
SSJ4Sephiroth
Beholder

heeey, are you callin me normal!? I RESENT THAT!
Old 11-28-2001, 04:54 PM   #7
Sorcerer Alex

One thing you forgot, Arvon: when your toothbrush falls in the toilet! I'm often in a rush and so I end up trying to combine peeing and brushing. Not very clever. I must buy a dozen toothbrushes a year [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Old 11-28-2001, 05:07 PM   #8
Barry the Sprout
White Dragon

Very Funny!!! But this I think is so true:

quote:
Originally posted by Sazerac:

I have left stores before because of that! I'll generally tolerate the first two, but the third one? Third strike, and I'm out of there. What that tells me as a consumer is one of two things: 1) you as a salesperson have nothing better to do, or 2) you think I'm a shoplifter and obviously not to be trusted. Either way, it's really very demeaning.

A friend of mine went into Harrods in London the other day. They are extremely posh and he is a manky student with a shaven head and a backpack over one shoulder. This is the catalogue of bizarre events that followed:

1. He got to the door, where everyone was let in by a security gaurd who greeted them and held the door open. The gaurd closed the door behind the person in front of him and then didn't open it for him. Nothing major - but a bit wierd.

2. Then the other security gaurd told him to take off his bag and hold it in front of him as he walked around the shop. Once again, a bit weird but nothing major.

3. The same security gaurd proceeded to follow Martin around the whole shop while he looked at stuff, not even making an attempt at subtelty.

4. Martin (proving that you can never judge a book by its cover) went to the food counter and asked for a type of cheese that I can't even pronounce, let alone spell. Causing the security gaurd to quitely walk away again...

5. On leaving the shop the first gaurd once again shut the door in his face rather than opening it like he was doing FOR EVERYONE ELSE.

This cracked me up. Even Harrods, with possibly the most security cameras per shelf of goods than any store in britain, is terrified of an 18 year old student. Until he proved he knew french cheeses... so very, very, weird.
[img]\"http://img1.ranchoweb.com/images/sproutman/certwist.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br /><br /><i>\"And the angels all pallid and wan,<br />Uprising, unveiling, affirm,<br />That the play is the tragedy, man,<br />And its hero the Conquerer Worm.\"</i><br /> - Edgar Allan Poe
Old 11-28-2001, 06:07 PM   #9
Harkoliar
Jack Burton

true true !!

Catch me if you can..
Old 11-28-2001, 06:45 PM   #10
Leonis
Symbol of Cyric

quote:
Originally posted by Arledrian:
One thing you forgot, Arvon: when your toothbrush falls in the toilet! I'm often in a rush and so I end up trying to combine peeing and brushing. Not very clever. I must buy a dozen toothbrushes a year [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Or your cell phone... making a call while very drunk @ 3am on New Years Morning while peeing...
Phones can't swim!