Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-05-2001, 09:05 AM   #1
DragonMage
20th Level Warrior

I'm planning to head out to France the last day of November. I realized last night that I need a passport to do this!!!! I looked up some information online.

Does anyone here have experience/advice on the companies that expedite passports?

I'm looking at Passports&Visas.com, PassportExpress.com and EmergencyPassports.com

Are these companies reliable?

They charge a fee, but guarantee delivery of passport in about a week.
[img]\"http://home.earthlink.net/~moraine_sedai/_uimages/dragonmage.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> [img]\"ubb/noncgi/smiles/hero2.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> <br />Alureth...Dragon friend of Lady Breanna<br /><br />Co-Owner/Operator of the Evil Petting Zoo and devout member of the HADB clan.<br />Commander of the Dragon Fleet, IW Peacekeeping Force<br />Mother Hen of IW and Mage extraordinaire.<br /><br />Utterly in love with my soul mate, Hiram.
Old 11-05-2001, 09:09 AM   #2
WOLFGIR
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

Hoi DM! [img]smile.gif[/img]
I had no idea you go to buisnesse for this.. We have to march down to the police and sit in a chair while a sternlooking woman takes an ugly photo of you and then charge you silly-lot of money for it! [img]smile.gif[/img]

When you have proven that you are you you get a passport with someone like you in the pass!

Er.. no real help eh?? Well good lucky! [img]smile.gif[/img]

Don´t eat the yellow snow
Old 11-05-2001, 09:14 AM   #3
DragonMage
20th Level Warrior

Well, hopefully they haven't changed the regulations in light of recent events here. But so far, it looks like there are two ways...

1. Submit forms the 'old-fashioned' way and wait 6 weeks or longer (NOPE!) or

2. Go through one of these companies, pay a bit more, and have them expedite the forms for me. *crosses fingers*

btw: Providing I get the passport in time and can come....would you maybe be able to work one more character into your game??? *meek smile*
[img]\"http://home.earthlink.net/~moraine_sedai/_uimages/dragonmage.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> [img]\"ubb/noncgi/smiles/hero2.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> <br />Alureth...Dragon friend of Lady Breanna<br /><br />Co-Owner/Operator of the Evil Petting Zoo and devout member of the HADB clan.<br />Commander of the Dragon Fleet, IW Peacekeeping Force<br />Mother Hen of IW and Mage extraordinaire.<br /><br />Utterly in love with my soul mate, Hiram.
Old 11-05-2001, 09:40 AM   #4
DragonMage
20th Level Warrior

Okay, I know what I have to do now to get the passport squared away.

btw: Ramon, dear, if you read this, check your PM. I need INFO!!!!
Old 11-05-2001, 10:14 AM   #5
DragonMage
20th Level Warrior

If anyone has ever used Passports & Visas.com (or any other company like this) to obtain a passport, please let me know how reputable they are. I think I'm going to have to chance it, but I'd like to know how they rate if anyone has used one of these companies.

Thanks guys. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-05-2001, 10:34 AM   #6
WOLFGIR
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

quote:
Originally posted by DragonMage:

btw: Providing I get the passport in time and can come....would you maybe be able to work one more character into your game??? *meek smile*

Ey, no problemas mademoseille! [img]smile.gif[/img]

Don´t eat the yellow snow
Old 11-05-2001, 10:36 AM   #7
MagiK

How could you forget a little detail like that DM?? heheh Hope you find a way to get that expedited, passports aren't something you want to have screwed up.

Old 11-05-2001, 10:44 AM   #8
DragonMage
20th Level Warrior

quote:
Originally posted by MagiK:
How could you forget a little detail like that DM?? heheh Hope you find a way to get that expedited, passports aren't something you want to have screwed up.

Hey...cut me some slack, guy! I only got invited to go yesterday!!! [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 11-05-2001, 11:31 AM   #9
MagiK

quote:
Originally posted by DragonMage:

Hey...cut me some slack, guy! I only got invited to go yesterday!!! [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Heehehehe You get all the slack you want because you sent me nice email [img]smile.gif[/img] Thanks [img]smile.gif[/img] Be safe on your trip and be aware that france used to have a really bad rep. for giving americans a hard time. (not that SOME americans didnt bring it on themselves) but there are groups out there that target U.S. types

Old 11-05-2001, 11:38 AM   #10
bilqis
Symbol of Cyric

Well DM & I don't need to worry about being hassled for being Americans because we will be under the protection of Moiraine & her family.. PLUS some very tough and kind gentlemen in the forms of Ramon, Wolfgir & Sir_Tainly! No worries here!

I'm so excited to see everyone there!!