Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-04-2001, 12:22 PM   #71
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

49 and have been playing computer games for 20 years at least!

There are a lot more of us than the game designers believe!

Wyv
Old 04-04-2001, 12:43 PM   #72
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Sandy:
Hi! I'm also from W&W, I don't post alot, but I check in and read the posts whenever I can. I couldn't resist replying to this one. I'm 43, relatively new to computers (6 years ago I thought a mouse was a cute little furry thing), my first game was Simon the Sorceror, and I've been hooked ever since. Sometimes dinner is late because I'm lost in a dungeon and can't find the kitchen! I'm glad to know there are so many other female gamers. I don't know any in "real" life.

Hiya Sandy!
Glad you could make it over here to post! Nice to meet the other 'game addicted' women on the board! I've already spit out my info in previous posts here, but I would like to add that you are not alone in being lost in a dungeon and forgetting real life is out there!

HEY all you belching, burping and other rude-noisemaking GENTLEMEN... you forget... StormQueen KNOWS where to find you all...HEHEHE ....

Cloudy

------------------

Storm-Queen
StormCloud of the Black Knight
Old 04-04-2001, 01:39 PM   #73
Moni

Wow! This thread really took off! Nice to meet you Ladies and Drunken Louts! Er, I mean Gentlemen! ; )

Moridin Says: "some of you may have to rethink your......ummmm....alignment"
(I don't know how to get the board to quote replies yet) ; )

This brought to mind a great thread started by Sazerac on the W&W Forum where we were encouraged to find out what our "gaming alignment" might be in real life.

Here is the link for those of you wanting to see what yours is! ; )

http://www.ugcs.caltech.edu/~whuang/align.html

: )
Moni

(True Neutral with Lawful (2 points) Evil (7 points) Tendencies?!?!?!) I am SO NOT EVIL!!!!
Yes, I have done many an exhuberant happy dance of the crushed skulls of dead enemies!!
Yes, I have felt a twinge of guilt for killing innocents!

Old 04-04-2001, 02:17 PM   #74
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Moni:
Wow! This thread really took off! Nice to meet you Ladies and Drunken Louts! Er, I mean Gentlemen! ; )

Moridin Says: "some of you may have to rethink your......ummmm....alignment"
(I don't know how to get the board to quote replies yet) ; )

This brought to mind a great thread started by Sazerac on the W&W Forum where we were encouraged to find out what our "gaming alignment" might be in real life.

Here is the link for those of you wanting to see what yours is! ; )

http://www.ugcs.caltech.edu/~whuang/align.html

Moni

(True Neutral with Lawful (2 points) Evil (7 points) Tendencies?!?!?!) I am SO NOT EVIL!!!!
Yes, I have done many an exhuberant happy dance of the crushed skulls of dead enemies!!
Yes, I have felt a twinge of guilt for killing innocents!

Moni! A search in BG2 and Gen Disc with "alignment" will find similar threads . Sorry I can't do it from here, but I bet one of the "louts" would do it for us...heheh...(batbat of hazel eyes) LOL

I think there is one in the Polls Forum too.

As for the innocents...I'm always too 'good' to kill them...*snicker*...gotta work on that alignment!

Cloudy

------------------

Storm-Queen
StormCloud of the Black Knight
Old 04-04-2001, 02:22 PM   #75
Jerome
Knight of the Rose

I can give you free lessons Cloudy !

------------------

Dont be afraid of the Darkness....be afraid of what it hides
Old 04-04-2001, 02:23 PM   #76
Moni

LOL, I don't kill ALL the innocents...just the ones who get in my way.

; )
Moni

Old 04-04-2001, 02:26 PM   #77
Jerome
Knight of the Rose

The more evil people the merrier Moni! Jerome the fallen paladin, i dont belive we've met! How about i take you down the local village where we can stomp a few locals while we talk hmmm?

------------------

Dont be afraid of the Darkness....be afraid of what it hides
Old 04-04-2001, 02:44 PM   #78
Moiraine
Anubis

Hi ladies, old friends and new faces !
(Oh, and hi to you males and wolves too ... )

Most of you already know me, but some do not - I am 36, I am married and have a son of 9 , all of us are Fantasy and PnP and computer games addicts !

I started reading Fantasy books and playing PnP AD&D and playing computer games all at the same time, when I was a student, 15 years ago - my boyfriend, now husband, took me into all. My first computer game was Ultima IV - I loved it because, for once (not very frequent at the time), it was not a "kill-'em-all" kind of game, but involved a lot of talking to people and enigma solving and stuff.

Now you will think I am stupid ... I was very surprised and happy when I got to the Board, first because there were a bunch of other ladies here, and also by the very warm welcome I got as a female player ! And that made me realize something ... since I was 17 and got to the University, to study high mathematics and physics, I was plunged in an almost entirely male's world. Less than 10 % women ... So since then, I work in a male's world, I play in a male's world, almost all my friends are male - and 15 years ago, both when I played AD&D with my friends and in my studies and later my job, women were not really accepted but barely tolerated as oddities. So my response to that has been to act very technical in most areas of my life, and I got so used to that, until I went to the Board, I didn't realized how much I missed the possibility to just be myself - means, to sometimes make a mistake without people around saying "Hey sure, she is a woman".

And now to the stupid part - sorry - roleplaying on the Board - I envy you ladies very much for being able to flirt for play on the Board - I just can't ! I tried and I just can't. I think because I don't know how anymore ... it has been 15 years that I never could do that anywhere. How stupid I sound now. Oh, I can roleplay, allright, as long as it involves the mind. Ah well.

Oh sorry for the rambling - I didn't mean to darken everybody's mood - this Board is amazingly great !

Dinner time - see you later

------------------

The world is my oyster !
Old 04-04-2001, 02:51 PM   #79
Moni

How do you do Jerome? Lovely to make your acquaintance on this fine and drizzly day! I would love to take you up on your offer but alas, duties call and I must take my leave of the internet until this evening. Perhaps some other time?

Moni

Old 04-04-2001, 02:52 PM   #80
Epona
Zartan

Hi again!
Great to see so many people from the W&W board stopping in!

I am familiar with the problems of partners who are not the slightest bit interested in computers or fantasy - I have given up on my bf after several failed attempts to get him to play BGI & II. I also have to put up with him pulling my leg and asking me how many trolls I killed today. He doesn't enjoy any PC games at all, so I have now given up hope of any multiplayer....

I guess sometimes you just have to accept it!

------------------

Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.

Epona of The Laughing Hyenas and The Ladies Guild.