Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-09-2001, 02:01 PM   #241
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

bumping for Barbra!

------------------

Storm-Queen
StormCloud of the Black Knight
Heart Mind Soul Forever
Old 04-09-2001, 02:13 PM   #242
Charlie
Lord Ao

Hi Fljotsdale,

Charlie always posts under his own name btw, unless the police are involved of course.

Male...Very definitely.
Sexy...Not my call.
Elf....For sure.

But if my bro' Turbovee is counted in the Sexy Male Elf Category then best you stick me in with him please

Being a lesbian myself, I must say it's great to see so many women on the boards and playing this game.

------------------
One love, peace.
Old 04-09-2001, 03:08 PM   #243
Barbra
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Guess I'd better post. Boy, I can think of very few message boards where I've felt so welcome! People inviting me to different threads, bumping threads up for me **shuffles feet from embarrassment** Anyways, good thing I found that bug in Icewind Dale and was compelled to post about it...

So a little more on me... 31 years old, computer geek. I've been enthralled by technology ever since my parents dragged me to see Star Wars at age 7. I was pissed, wanted to see the new Benji movie instead, not some dumb war movie. Once the movie was over, I was hooked. I wanted a computer, I wanted a robot, I wanted to be Princess Leia, and I wanted it NOW.

By the time I was 12, I'd talked my parents into buying me a computer. Money was tight, but they gave me $500 and told me I could buy anything I wanted with it. The choices were a Vic 20 with a couple games, or a Commodore 64 and no games. Guess which one I got? Spent the next few years learning BASIC while typing in game code from Compute magazine (and anywhere else I could find it). Age 13, spent my own money and bought a Franklin Ace (Apple II compatible) and by the time I was 14, talked myself into a job at the computer store that sold it to me.

I've played just about every game mentioned on this thread. I remember Wizardry back when it was black and white (well, actually black and green) and very few graphics. Bard's Tale was amazing - full color! Sounds! WOW! How could it GET any better? Then King's Quest and Space Quest and all those games...

Fast forward ten years, and I was pissing off my husband because I played Diablo every night. Got rid of him, got into Ultima Online. Got another boyfriend, and the games went by the wayside for a few years. Now I'm back into 'em. Playing Icewind Dale right now, and praying for my new computer to get here FAST so I can play Black and White.

Let's see, the non-gaming life... went to college for 4 years studying Greek and Latin, but managed to realize that I'd never make a living doing that before I got the degree. That was ten years ago, so I've been a dropout for that long. Turns out I can make a fine living writing C++ code - see, typing in those BASIC games really *was* worth something to me! Taught me how to code, so I can support my habit. Living with boyfriend, who won't touch games, even such manly things as Halflife (bought it for him hoping he'd start playing just so I could have the pleasure of hunting him down and killin' him, but he wouldn't cooperate...) Working when I have to, making plans to quit the full time job in a year and go to work for myself. Would love to be a game programmer, but don't think it would be possible unless I moved somewhere where there were game companies. bleah bleah bleah... enough about myself. Glad to see all the other female gamers!

Old 04-09-2001, 04:39 PM   #244
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Barbra!

Glad you made it over here! You have me beat by a mile in the how long and how many games category! But I think everyone here has similar enthusiasm for our games and our forum!

Welcome to the Ironworks! Make yourself at home and check everything out! If you read much and are interested, we have a Books forum. Says fantsasy and D&D..but *whispers loudly* IGNORE IT...you can talk about any kind of books! There is a Poll forum that is lots of fun, entertaining and enlightening in many respects. Check it out and tell Melusine (Our Forum Poll Queen) that Cloudy sent you!

This General Discussions forum is my usual hangout, but I try to hit Books and the BG2(to lurk and post) and IWD (lurk) forums as much as I can.

Cloudbringer
Self-Appointed Welcome Wagon of the IronWorks Forum

------------------

Storm-Queen
Heart Mind Soul Forever

[This message has been edited by Cloudbringer (edited 04-09-2001).]
Old 04-09-2001, 07:14 PM   #245
Fljotsdale
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Quote:
Originally posted by Charlie:
Hi Fljotsdale,

Male...Very definitely.
Sexy...Not my call.
Elf....For sure.

But if my bro' Turbovee is counted in the Sexy Male Elf Category then best you stick me in with him please

Being a lesbian myself, I must say it's great to see so many women on the boards and playing this game.

I'd really like to know how you can be both male AND lesbian! Though I suppose if you were Hermaphrodite......?!

------------------
Smile! Life is too short for bitching!

Fljotsdale
Old 04-09-2001, 07:18 PM   #246
Fljotsdale
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Welcome, Barbra! You are about to be added!

Tally as of now: 25 - 26 / sexy 2 - 1

------------------
Smile! Life is too short for bitching!

Fljotsdale
Old 04-09-2001, 07:20 PM   #247
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

This is a most unique and informative thread! Thank you, Fljotsdale! One of the things I find most fascinating is how close to 50-50 the gender spread is. Just as it should be!

We need to have an "age" thread here, too. It would be interesting to find the average or median age of the gamers here at Ironworks. On the W&W forum, we calculated it to be about 34-35, with the youngest being 10 and the oldest being in their 70's. Quite a spread!

Old 04-09-2001, 07:23 PM   #248
Charlie
Lord Ao

A lesbian will only shag women. I too will only shag women, don't this make me a lesbian?

I actually lived with one for two years, and she's one of the greatest girls I ever met, beautiful too. Probably the only woman I ever loved.

------------------
One love, peace.
Old 04-10-2001, 12:40 AM   #249
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Sazerac:
This is a most unique and informative thread! Thank you, Fljotsdale! One of the things I find most fascinating is how close to 50-50 the gender spread is. Just as it should be!

We need to have an "age" thread here, too. It would be interesting to find the average or median age of the gamers here at Ironworks. On the W&W forum, we calculated it to be about 34-35, with the youngest being 10 and the oldest being in their 70's. Quite a spread!

SAZ! We've done that too! LOL We periodically post for stats like that! See why I love my GD forum?

Cloudy

------------------

Storm-Queen
Heart Mind Soul Forever
Old 04-10-2001, 01:31 AM   #250
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Hmm, I'm not surprised, Cloudy! So what were the stats? Just out of curiosity. Approximations are fine.