Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-05-2001, 01:47 PM   #171
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Fljotsdale:
The men have now almost caught up! It is now 20-18

COME ON GIRLS> LADIES< GRANDMA'S! Sign on!

IT'S GREAT TO HEAR FROM YOU ALL AND READ ALL YOUR MESSAGES... I'd really love to respond to you all individually, (some VERY entertaining/intrigueing replies! Did I spell intrigueing right?)) but can you imagine the length of the thread!!

F? WE of General Discussion LOVE long threads! Sheesh...I've seen em as long as 1000 posts! Of course we split the threads. When this one gets several pages longer we start FEMALE GAMERS Pt 2
Post away! Reply away! LIVE FOR THE MOMENT..er..forgive me, I just had an incredibly tiring 5 hours of work hearding kids aged 9-17ish through their paces in Russian and running logistics from who was judging where, getting the kids to actually go where they were supposed to, calming irritable teachers, inputting the scores into my Excel files, answering reporter's questions (national contest, this is our State finals-150 kids) and hauling all the stuff back to my office....all with one 15 minute bathroom/lunch break....and am finally back at my desk and feeling sooooo relieved!

Cloudy
SpamQueen HAHAHA...bit of a BG2 board joke from the old board...LOL
(should really read- ""off topic and lots of posts" Queen)

------------------

Storm-Queen
StormCloud of the Black Knight
Old 04-05-2001, 01:55 PM   #172
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Ramon de Ramon y Ramon:

CloudOctaviana, who - allegedly - ordered the most famous census of all time to be
held ? It is in the most famous "story" in the most famous book - one you probably know much better than I do ?

Okay, some more info on me: I am - mostly - male, 29, German, single, an especially lazy university student, a passionate debater, with, sometimes, a nasty tendency to lecture or psychologize - so be warned ! - and a perfectionist. They only CRPG I have ever played are BGI/TotSC and BG II, I am currently replaying BG I to check out the unofficial expansion Dark Side of the Swordcoast. The only fantasy literature I have ever read are the works of Tolkien (not counting the huge book by Marion Zimmer Bradley called "The Mists of Avalon" ? - translating from German here - way back ).

So - if you still dare, considering the above - I'd be most pleased to get to know you all individually, ladies !

Oh, did I mention did that we are, err, I am slightly schizophrenic, too.

Ramon...ARGH...I was a student of Latin too many yrs ago, and there were a whole lot of Augustus' that may have sprung to mind....and CENSUS did not...do we know how tired I am? Of course, I can't say as I've been to Bethlehem lately, or even at all...sheesh...YOU have to stop baiting a certain Cloud of your acquaintance! It's an unfair advantage...she's old and tired... *sigh, very deep sigh* It's not going to happen, is it? *sigh* You just enjoy it WAY too much!

*sniffle* This must be 'beat up on Cloudy day'.... *pout*

Gatherer of the Storms

------------------

Storm-Queen

[This message has been edited by Cloudbringer (edited 04-05-2001).]
Old 04-05-2001, 02:01 PM   #173
Throg
Dungeon Master

Quote:
Hi Throg, you wouldnt be one of those Green Martians would you? If so I'm running cause it might be mating season But a Red Martian.....heehee
Actually I'm of the very rare turquoise types. And, although my permanent residence {for tax purposes :^)} is Barsoom, I maintain a summer place in Washington D.C., the Hot Air Capital of the World.

====
Throg
====

P.S. I also am the Mother of Cats. I wonder whether cats attract lady gamers, or lady gamers attract cats? My two are Devon Rex, sometimes called hairless cats (a base canard!), named Pipistrelle (usually Pip for short) and Pixel (often called Baby-no-no!)
Old 04-05-2001, 02:04 PM   #174
Sir Taliesin
Silver Dragon

Cloudy,

Have you seen or heard from Stealthy lately? I just reliezed I haven't seen him about lately.

------------------
Sir Taliesin

Ten Rings there are, and nine gold torcs on the battlechiefs of old...
Old 04-05-2001, 02:06 PM   #175
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Moni:
Cloudbringer, Do I want to help?
Looks like he took care of you!

Moni
He is TOAST...I have my ways...and they won't be pretty! BWAHAHAHAHA

Besides, he's probably feeling mucho guilty by now...he's too nice to let me go to all that work...he knows I will, too. HEHEHE

Sir T! Come on, give me a break...I'm too tired to search...waaaah...besides you post too much game stuff...I'll have to sift for HOURS...waaaaaah!

SnitCloud

------------------

Storm-Queen
Old 04-05-2001, 02:10 PM   #176
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Sir_Tainly:
Hello Moni,

She's beaten for now but she'll be back. Don't defeated evil-doers always threaten that?

*sweet smile* Oh Sir T...that was your undoing...StormQueen thinks your rain shall continue until she finds suitable means of dealing with upstart rascals of dubious alignment... HEY..last time I looked, you were working for me and BK!

StormCloud

------------------

Storm-Queen
Old 04-05-2001, 02:16 PM   #177
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Scronan:
Hi Cloudbringer

Thanks for the invite!

I am a 26 year old male, and having been playing RPG's on computers since 1985, and I actually started playing video games when my Dad bought me "Pong" in the late seventies. Gosh, that's a long time!

We do have a lot of female gamers over on the WW board....I think its great! I rarely meet female gamers around here. You know its funny, a few weeks ago I went to a Street Fighter tournament, talk about nothing but guys, but there was one young lady playing, and she was really good! I was surprised to see a female playing fighting games, she's one the first I've ever seen!

BTW, I live in California, and on that note, I rarely see anyone on the forum from CA...any other Californians out there?

Best,

Scronan

HI! Glad to see you back here...wander into GD occasionally, ok? Just for the fun of it! It's my goal to see us all mingle a bit. ONE big community. Then we'd know there were lots of women playing the games and and I can tell you there are others from California. Turbovee, for one. Oh and I think I misspelled your name in that post, didn't I? argh...sorry! Was in a hurry last night!

Cloudbringer

------------------

Storm-Queen
Old 04-05-2001, 02:20 PM   #178
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Davros:
Hmm, so many friendly faces here - got tied up playing BG1 and it is early morning (sorry W&W guys and gals - I know, BG, yes yes yes, I know what your thinking - it's a sellout isn't it - hides head from incoming Stones and Balders).

Anyway. thought I would strike a blow for the men and the Aussies. Let's see, 37, do my own ironing (grrr - hate that every morning), and there are not enough hours in the day that aren't spent at work.

Nice to see so many of the harem again
Sultan Davr

Hullo Davros! Coming my way soon, right? Did you see that url I left ..someplace...I've forgotten which thread! I can dig it up again if needs be..it was a virtual tour of Manhattan.

Cloudy

------------------

Storm-Queen
Old 04-05-2001, 02:24 PM   #179
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Throg:
Actually I'm of the very rare turquoise types. And, although my permanent residence {for tax purposes :^)} is Barsoom, I maintain a summer place in Washington D.C., the Hot Air Capital of the World.

====
Throg
====

P.S. I also am the Mother of Cats. I wonder whether cats attract lady gamers, or lady gamers attract cats? My two are Devon Rex, sometimes called hairless cats (a base canard!), named Pipistrelle (usually Pip for short) and Pixel (often called Baby-no-no!)
Hail and well met, fellow ownee of cats! Hahaha..we all know THEY own us, right?! I had my cats long before I started crpgs...does that mean cat ownership predisposes us to gaming?

CloudKitten

------------------

Storm-Queen
Old 04-05-2001, 02:30 PM   #180
Sir_Tainly

Quote:
Originally posted by Cloudbringer:
Sir T! Come on, give me a break...I'm too tired to search...waaaah...besides you post too much game stuff...I'll have to sift for HOURS...waaaaaah!

SnitCloud

Because I am soooo nice really I am going to save CloudyB some effort, (and because the rain has stopped!! )

I am 21, male and from the U.K. (currently looking to escape to anywhere better, USA or Canada preferably). I have been roleplaying on and off in various forms for a little over tens years.

Sorry about my alignment shift this A.M. CB, its my boss she's brings out the wost in me. Tomorrow if she's mean again, I gonna run through the managers with easily concealable broadsword.
------------------

Holy Avenger of the OHF

HATS for sale baby!
Sponsored by Yorick
Your ad here? Call 112 -221 -123

[This message has been edited by Sir_Tainly (edited 04-05-2001).]