Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 09-10-2008, 01:47 PM   #261
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Default Re: Remember that Dutch comic about Mohamad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Variol (Farseer) Elmwood View Post
Here are 2 example that are first-hand information.

One of our church members took a bad fall and broke her tail-bone some years back. She was not attending our church at this time BTW. Despite physio and multiple surgeries things only got worse. It got to a point where she was bed-ridden at home and needed help for the simplest of things. After several years of this, a friend ask if she had the elders from the church come to pray over her. She had not, but was certainly open to it. Several days after, the elders gathered 'round her and prayed for healing.
She felt a warmth pass through her from head to foot. After a few minutes she tried to stand up and walk. She felt absolutely fine. That's a pretty tough one to chalk up to coincidence.

The other situation happened to our former pastor on a mission trip last year. They rented a Jeep which had an electric drivers side window that stopped working. It didn't really matter 'cos it's always so hot there anyway. On the 4th day of their trip they were in an area of excessive violence, crime, theft etc. They did not want to leave the vehicle unattended with the window being all the way down.
One of the people said "let's pray over the window; that The Lord will fix it"! Even the pastor raised an eyebrow at this, but decided to do it anyway. No sooner did they finish praying, that they tried the window. They pushed the button and it went right up with no problem and continued to work from that point on.

Take for what you will, of course, but these are things I've heard first hand, from the people who have experienced it.

I could tell you more, but, would it make a difference?
I have a long list of stuff like this.

Saw a churchmember defeat cancer when I was a kid.

Had a student healed of partial blindness in one eye after prayer, to the point where her eye hurt due to the sudden influx of light she was seeing in her healed eye.

I myself had a torn hamstring heal in two steps after a series of prayers and a decision to "agree with the healing".

Had a colleague who was suddenly healed of a chronic back issue after prayer.

I personally survived numerous car accidents and life-threatening illness.

Had a completely non-functioning DAT player (holding the only copy of a vital mix-tape), literally start working after a quick prayer.

In 1999 my Dad went into a 3 month coma after acute pancreatitis. The family all wrote him off for dead. I believed while there's life there's hope, and prayerfully had full faith he would survive. He is still alive today.

I've been healed of a voice-ruining virus a day after onset, after a night of prayer and repentance.

I've had a very very close friend healed of an incurable eye condition, after I spent days walking the streets of Nashville praying for their healing. (I tried "praying in tongues" during these walks too.... which changed my faith, but that's another story)

I had another very close friend healed of depression and get off drugs, while I myself have been cured of depression within minutes.

As small as it may seem, I even had a floating and sick fish that my wife and brother presumed past all hope, return to full health after I earnestly prayed for it!

I've had carspaces in New York city appear, found things, got through situations, sung well despite throat problems, gotten through migranes... the list of quick answers to prayer is as long as my life.

I even had two mugging situations, one in Sydney, where I got a sudden sense of danger and started running, only to hear a chase and "you're dead muthaf*****" behind me; and another in Brooklyn where I was held up by two guys, who had my wallet, and were still heading towards me, completely reverse after I screamed out "Jesus help me brother" (why am I calling him my brother...?) *bang* they threw the wallet at my feet and said "take your s*** man" and ran off.

Jesus saves me every day man.

http://www.hughwilson.com
Old 09-10-2008, 02:04 PM   #262
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
It's pretty great isn't it? We can have a little spat, and yes, sometimes go too far. We are passionate about what we feel, but in the end, I think we care about and respect each other and their views.

I really don't get offended by this sort of thing. I did feel like I was getting a little beat up about 3-4 pages back, but Yorick's PM really helped.

So, what do you think of some of the muslims' response to the comic? (for those who have not given their thoughts)
Good onya guys. Self moderation is the way to go.

Old 09-10-2008, 02:10 PM   #263
Variol (Farseer) Elmwood
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yorick View Post
I have a long list of stuff like this.

I even had two mugging situations, one in Sydney, where I got a sudden sense of danger and started running, only to hear a chase and "you're dead muthaf*****" behind me; and another in Brooklyn where I was held up by two guys, who had my wallet, and were still heading towards me, completely reverse after I screamed out "Jesus help me brother" (why am I calling him my brother...?) *bang* they threw the wallet at my feet and said "take your s*** man" and ran off.

Jesus saves me every day man.
I believe they heard you say: "don't I know your mother?" thus causing panic. So this one doesn't count.
Old 09-10-2008, 02:36 PM   #264
Beaumanoir
Iron Throne Cult

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memnoch View Post
Good onya guys. Self moderation is the way to go.
Moderators in moderation, please

And Variol, it does happen. Some Christians do take radical steps every day, and get condemned by other people. Look at the Westboro Baptists. Evil gits they are, and they still have the audacity to call themselves christians. Well, yes, they believe in christ, but they've missed out on the kindness and compassion bits.
Old 09-10-2008, 02:42 PM   #265
Variol (Farseer) Elmwood
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beaumanoir View Post
Moderators in moderation, please

And Variol, it does happen. Some Christians do take radical steps every day, and get condemned by other people. Look at the Westboro Baptists. Evil gits they are, and they still have the audacity to call themselves christians. Well, yes, they believe in christ, but they've missed out on the kindness and compassion bits.
I think I've heard a little bit about them here, or on the news. Is there a link to refresh my memory?
Old 09-10-2008, 02:49 PM   #266
Firestormalpha
Knight of the Rose

Zelda Champion Snake Champion

They're the ones who like to protest at the funerals of homosexuals, and claim that the tragedies that occur in the world must have happened to the people they happened to as an act of God's retribution. IMO they're full of it. I have my judgemental moments, actually I have a lot of them, but nothing on par with them.

They apparently overlook little verses like Romans 3:23. And quite a few others.

"We are never to judge a philosophy by its abuse." - Augustine

"If you're wondering if God has a sense of humor, consider the platypus."

http://www.greaterthings.cbglades.com
Old 09-10-2008, 03:28 PM   #267
Variol (Farseer) Elmwood
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firestormalpha View Post
They're the ones who like to protest at the funerals of homosexuals, and claim that the tragedies that occur in the world must have happened to the people they happened to as an act of God's retribution. IMO they're full of it. I have my judgemental moments, actually I have a lot of them, but nothing on par with them.

They apparently overlook little verses like Romans 3:23. And quite a few others.
Yupper! good one, and Luke 6:37

Christians do have an obligation to intervene.
Old 09-10-2008, 03:40 PM   #268
Firestormalpha
Knight of the Rose

Zelda Champion Snake Champion

Variol you left that a little open to interpretation. Intervene in what, and how?

"We are never to judge a philosophy by its abuse." - Augustine

"If you're wondering if God has a sense of humor, consider the platypus."

http://www.greaterthings.cbglades.com
Old 09-10-2008, 03:51 PM   #269
Variol (Farseer) Elmwood
Jack Burton

Sorry, I was referring to anyone who does the sort of thing they do, or anything else that goes against our beliefs.

I don't feel it's right to just sit there and point a finger. We only hurt ourselves.

I was not referring to the passage.
Old 09-10-2008, 03:52 PM   #270
Beaumanoir
Iron Throne Cult

Quote:
or anything else that goes against our beliefs.
As much as I disagree with what those fellas do, you can't say that you have an obligation to intervene with anything that goes against your beliefs