Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-22-2001, 05:15 PM   #1
Tom
Elminster

Ok, slight spoilingness.
d
d
d
d
d
d
d
d
I cant kill Gorion and his minions. My dispel cant slow down the mists, my summon monsters die in 6.7 seconds. And with my main guy damaged alot when Gorion casts spells on me during the conversation make me de before I can get to my position. Heres my party

Assassin
Anomen
Sarevok
Keldorn
Jan
Edwin

Now please tell me how I can use them to win? (oh ya, and on Insane difficulty.
Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2001, 11:21 PM   #2
Dresdan
Zhentarim Guard

I had the s**t kicked out of me here to. I went into the pocket plane and got Arie and had her memorize 2 Sunray spells and a couple of Protection from evil ten ft radius. Cast pro. evil, then have her casting her Sunray spells, while having your fighters hacking and slashing. The sun ray spells do mass damage and should just about finish them off by themsevles. You should probably take some lesser restoration also as I'm sure you already know. I'm not on insane, but if your good enough to play there this should help.
Dresdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2001, 12:48 AM   #3
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Might want to turn off Party AI for this.

Get Edwin to store 3 Abi-Dalzim's Horrid Wilting in a Chain Contingency, set to cast on the nearest enemy when enemy sighted.

Get Anomen to Turn Undead.
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2001, 06:52 AM   #4
Melusine
Dracolisk

Good call, Dundee.
What level is Anomen, Tom? In my game (I played a Cleric of lathander myself) I just turned undead and sauntered right into the middle of the mists, who all went 'splut'
Old 11-23-2001, 08:55 AM   #5
Tom
Elminster

Anomen is level 20. And where can I get a scroll of contingency and abi-dalzim? My party isnt a very high level, just around 20. After I stop talking to gorion, my main guy is down to around 14 health, and when I try to run to my position, he gets killed before I even go down there, and if I do happen to get there, a wraith thingy is invisible and sorta backstabbs me without the extra damage and I die. So its pretty near impossible for my party.
Old 11-23-2001, 09:11 AM   #6
Melusine
Dracolisk

quote:
Originally posted by Tom:
Anomen is level 20. And where can I get a scroll of contingency and abi-dalzim? My party isnt a very high level, just around 20. After I stop talking to gorion, my main guy is down to around 14 health, and when I try to run to my position, he gets killed before I even go down there, and if I do happen to get there, a wraith thingy is invisible and sorta backstabbs me without the extra damage and I die. So its pretty near impossible for my party.

How is it that you are down to 14 hitpoints already after talking to the Master Wraith? You *do* make sure you are fully healed before entering the battle, do you? Also equip everybody with lots of Superior Healing potions. Hmmm... Anomen is kind of low in level if you're already this far in the game. I don't think he could actually destroy the undead by turning them at this stage. Have you skipped many quests in SOA or something like that? It would also explain why you still haven't found any Contingency or Abi-Dalzim's Horrid Wilting Scrolls. You can probably obtain these in the Arcana Archives in Saradush.
To dispel invisibility, have your druids/clerics/rangers memorise some "Invisibility Purge", it's a third or second level Priest Spell. It would be even better if you got the 5th level Priest spell True Seeing, which continues to dispel invisibility as well as mirror images and other illusions for quite some time. One of the most useful spells there are, IMO.
Hope this helps [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-23-2001, 10:37 AM   #7
Tiamat
Banned User

Watch out...... a big fight comes afterwards.....
Tiamat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2001, 12:17 PM   #8
Tom
Elminster

quote:
Originally posted by Melusine:

How is it that you are down to 14 hitpoints already after talking to the Master Wraith? You *do* make sure you are fully healed before entering the battle, do you? Also equip everybody with lots of Superior Healing potions. Hmmm... Anomen is kind of low in level if you're already this far in the game. I don't think he could actually destroy the undead by turning them at this stage. Have you skipped many quests in SOA or something like that? It would also explain why you still haven't found any Contingency or Abi-Dalzim's Horrid Wilting Scrolls. You can probably obtain these in the Arcana Archives in Saradush.
To dispel invisibility, have your druids/clerics/rangers memorise some "Invisibility Purge", it's a third or second level Priest Spell. It would be even better if you got the 5th level Priest spell True Seeing, which continues to dispel invisibility as well as mirror images and other illusions for quite some time. One of the most useful spells there are, IMO.
Hope this helps [img]smile.gif[/img]

Well, I didnt import from SoA, I just made a new game. And the reason my guy gets down to 14 hp is because the wraith guy does 30, then 40 dmg, and I only have 84hp to begin with. Ill try it. Thx. If it doesnt work, ill just skip him and go to watchers keep.
Old 11-23-2001, 05:52 PM   #9
frudi_x
Drow Warrior

Anomen is lvl 20? [img]smile.gif[/img]
just turn off AI and click turn undead. end of story...

btw, works on liches too
frudi_x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2001, 02:28 PM   #10
Tom
Elminster

I did it, 2 days ago, just summoned 3 skeletons, a dark planetar, and a aeriel servant, then I ran away and let the summoned fight.