Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-04-2002, 09:28 PM   #1
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

What do you think of Your Neighbors?

Reality Show Recaps
Old 07-04-2002, 09:29 PM   #2
Ladyzekke

What do you think of yours? I've had some really crappy neighbors in my day, but now have pretty decent ones. I'm hanging home alone this evening, and the neighbors had a cook-out and one of them just brought me a huge plate of chicken and corn-on-the-cob. For no reason at all except just to be friendly. [img]smile.gif[/img] Last Christmas I made a bunch of cookies and gave them to all the neighbors, so I guess they are repaying me in kind. Nice to have cool neighbors, finally! [img]smile.gif[/img]

Reality Show Recaps
Old 07-04-2002, 09:33 PM   #3
Sir Goulum
John Locke

The ones I have now, are VERY nice! One of them works for Bioware and might let us test mac games (since we have a mac) and he let us raid his basement for models to do yesterday . My other one is also quite nice, although I don't know much about them. All I know for sure is that the guy broke his leg
Old 07-04-2002, 09:38 PM   #4
Animal
Gold Dragon

I don't really notice my neighbors that much as there's quite a few trees between us. He did come over once and complain because I was running a skill saw for about 3 hours straight once though. My dog didn't take too kindly to him coming in his yard and put the run on him. Funny enough I haven't seen him since. The neighbor on my other side is pretty cool. I usually see him on the weekends when I'm working on my cars until his wife starts to nag at him because he's spending too much time over here!
Old 07-04-2002, 09:49 PM   #5
Ladyzekke

Quote:
Originally posted by Animal:
[QB]I don't really notice my neighbors that much as there's quite a few trees between us. He did come over once and complain because I was running a skill saw for about 3 hours straight once though. My dog didn't take too kindly to him coming in his yard and put the run on him. Funny enough I haven't seen him since. /QB]
LOL! Guess he figured "dang! Nothing but a couple of Animals over here I better get my butt back inside my house!" Hey, as long as you ran the skill saw at decent hours (meaning not before 7:00am or after 10:00pm) you weren't doing anything wrong.

Reality Show Recaps
Old 07-04-2002, 09:52 PM   #6
Animal
Gold Dragon

It was in the afternoon, but a Skill saw can become extremely annoying after a few minutes, never mind a few hours! I don't have anything against the guy, but he tried coming in my dogs yard uninvited and that's just a big mistake!
Old 07-04-2002, 09:58 PM   #7
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion
Most of our neighbours we only know to say hello to, not close buddies or anything. The house next door and the one above that we know more, and I feed their cats when they go away. They pay me, but I'd do it for free [img]smile.gif[/img] .

The guy who used to live across the street was a psycho but. He woulf occasionally go out in his front yard with only a swimsuit (briefs) on and crack his whip . Then he got into trouble with the law and the police staged a stake-out of the house from our living room. One of our less salubrious neighbours
Old 07-04-2002, 10:22 PM   #8
Ladyzekke

Quote:
Originally posted by Aelia Jusa:
Most of our neighbours we only know to say hello to, not close buddies or anything. The house next door and the one above that we know more, and I feed their cats when they go away. They pay me, but I'd do it for free [img]smile.gif[/img] .

The guy who used to live across the street was a psycho but. He woulf occasionally go out in his front yard with only a swimsuit (briefs) on and crack his whip . Then he got into trouble with the law and the police staged a stake-out of the house from our living room. One of our less salubrious neighbours
Oh Man!! I think you have just won the Worst Neighbor of the Century award Aelia! Unfortunately you don't get any gold pieces, but get 500XPs just for being a witness!

Reality Show Recaps
Old 07-04-2002, 10:58 PM   #9
/)eathKiller
Dracolisk

-_- *squints*

Neighbors? what is this Neighbors? Are they those things down the street? The chickens? or maybe the goats? Or maybe all those people who have been trained all of their lives just to kill me? [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 07-05-2002, 04:55 AM   #10
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
I don't think it would be wise of me to bring my neighbour cookies, she weighs about 200 kilo's. She might like the cookies and start living in my kitchen !