Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-21-2001, 11:36 PM   #1
Moni

Well today was a beautiful day, most of it spent out shopping.

The cats got new toys that they won't play with LOL!

The dogs got new toys that they love!

I cruised twenty aisles of shoes at DSW Shoe Warehouse only to find that the styles I liked were out of stock in my size (the common 7 1/2)

I went to Wal-Mart looking for curtains for my bedroom and found all kinds of things I loved but that were all ten inches short of the width I need (or 10 inches too wide) The sheers I found were all either too short or way too long, requiring that I cut and hem them

Going next door to The Home Depot, I found two beautiful pots and picked up two beautiful plants intending to have them here in my bedroom on the shelf I just put under my window, only to find out from reading info on them on the internet, that they would probably have a better chance of survival outside.
I forgot to pick up potting soil while I was there and was a half pot short of re-potting them.

I also forgot the most important item, another can of window glazing for the next set of windows I am supposed to start this week.

We did go to our favorite Mexican Restaurant and split a chicken quesadilla and had four beef fajita apiece topped off with sharing a slice of stick-your-teeth-together cheesecake.

Oh yeah and I found a purse I like for a reasonable price so I have a place to keep all that money I saved being deprived of shoes!

Moni

------------------

Old 05-22-2001, 12:09 AM   #2
AzureWolf
20th Level Warrior

Wow seems like it was certainly not an uneventful day for you Moni
Shopping can get horrendously annoying sometimes and others it can be fun. Sounds like you got a bit of both

------------------

"I was born of darkness. My fathers eyes closed before mine opened. I am not of this world or the other, and I have the right to be what I am..."
Old 05-22-2001, 12:24 AM   #3
Nostron
Manshoon

I think shopping is only fun when u have money and can plan to buy things. alot of girls i know like to "WINDOW SHOP" i just don't get it.
Why torture yourself looking at things that u know u don't have money to buy. But what every floats your boat

------------------
That's just my opinion, I could be wrong.
Old 05-22-2001, 01:28 AM   #4
Keryvian
The Magister

I've had shopping trips like that.

Quote:
Originally posted by Moni:

Two out of my three cats will play with almost every toy I've ever bought for them. Go figure.

------------------
Nid yw'r hoff o lyfr yn fyr o gyfaill.
Old 05-22-2001, 05:09 AM   #5
Ziroc

Quote:
Originally posted by Moni:
Well today was a beautiful day, most of it spent out shopping.

Don't ya know that Cats will only play with non-bought things? Like shoelaces or something like a twist tie (Choc likes those) and Paper towel card board tubes--shreads those. hehe

------------------
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster
http://www.tgeweb.com/ironworks/

[This message has been edited by Ziroc (edited 05-22-2001).]

Old 05-22-2001, 05:21 AM   #6
Moiraine
Anubis

Quote:
Originally posted by Ziroc:
Don't ya know that Cats will only play with non-bought things? Like shoelaces or something like a twist tie (Choc likes those) and Paper towel card board tubes--shreads those. hehe
Or ankles, fingers, ...

------------------

The world is my oyster !
And now I have the knives to open it ...
Old 05-22-2001, 06:26 AM   #7
Lady Avalon
Emerald Dragon

Moni, sounds like you had a great day of shopping. We always buy toys for our cats because they look so cute, and then find out they could care less about them. Merlin loves a little piece of rope that he carries around and also a little crunchy ball (which we do buy at the pet store).

------------------

Seeker of Truth
Old 05-22-2001, 09:07 AM   #8
Moni

Quote:
Originally posted by Ziroc:

So funny you should mention shoelaces!!! I bought new laces for my tennies yesterday and guess who got the old ones last night and loved them? The cats.
Their favorite toy is sheets of tissue paper laid out all over the floor...see my homepage for more details LOL!

Moni

------------------

Old 05-22-2001, 09:09 AM   #9
Moni

Quote:
Originally posted by Keryvian:
I've had shopping trips like that.

Two out of my three cats will play with almost every toy I've ever bought for them. Go figure.

You got good cats LOL! Ours average liking one out of every ten.

Moni

------------------

Old 05-22-2001, 09:12 AM   #10
Moni

Quote:
Originally posted by Nostron:
I think shopping is only fun when u have money and can plan to buy things.

Why torture yourself looking at things that u know u don't have money to buy.
My sentiments exactly! I write a list and follow it with blinders on LOL!
After forgetting the window glazing though (on the top of the list even) I am wondering how I will remember to read a note to myself reminding me to read my list!

Moni