Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-10-2004, 03:09 PM   #1
Blue Streak
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Is it just me, or is there something wrong with the time in Neverwinter Nights? At one moment its 2 am and on the next its suddenly 6 pm. Its not only when i'm traveling from map to map, but also when i'm, for example, walking from Tyr's temple in Port Llast to Kendracks Barracks.
Old 02-10-2004, 06:28 PM   #2
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

When in combat time passes very slowly, 1 round = 1 minute. When not, time reverts to turns, 1 turn = 10 minutes. I am not sure what other variations there are but conversations will basically pause time.
Old 02-11-2004, 10:38 AM   #3
Dragonshadow
Quth-Maren

I lost two months travelling from one chapter to another... and I was making good time too...
Dragonshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2004, 08:29 AM   #4
Stratos
Vampire

Quote:
Originally posted by SpiritWarrior:
When in combat time passes very slowly, 1 round = 1 minute. When not, time reverts to turns, 1 turn = 10 minutes. I am not sure what other variations there are but conversations will basically pause time.
I believe in combat it's 1 round = 6 seconds and 1 turn = 1 minute unless you pause. If they use the same time system as in BG2 the 24h game time should be 2h real time. Again pausing stops the time, but I'm not quite sure about resting, if it progresses time or not.

I find Blue Streaks example a bit suspicious. The Temple of Tyr and Kendrick's Barracks are so close to each other so the time elapsed shouldn't be so great. Perhaps teleporting from inside the temple to outside of some reason progresses time.
Old 02-12-2004, 05:07 PM   #5
Blue Streak
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Okay, maybe it wasn't such a good example. Let's see...from the farm in the south area of the Port Llast map to...Ballard's mini-grove. Anyway, i think you get my point.
Old 02-14-2004, 01:09 PM   #6
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Stratos:
quote:
I believe in combat it's 1 round = 6 seconds and 1 turn = 1 minute unless you pause. If they use the same time system as in BG2 the 24h game time should be 2h real time. Again pausing stops the time, but I'm not quite sure about resting, if it progresses time or not.
[/QUOTE]
Quote:
Originally posted by Stratos:
quote:
[/QUOTE]Actually thinking of the engine itself, it would be impossible to do a change from non-combat and combat time without default scripting so I would assume evreything happens in turns lasting at least 10 (if not more) minutes each. Resting does not technically elapse time (it pauses it) but they say it does and use 24hrs as a workaround so if yoiu rest at 3pm, when you finish it will still be 3pm.