Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-10-2004, 08:21 AM   #1
TL
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Well, I took a break, (as it seems everyone else @ this forum is doing) and played BG2 for awhile. Now I'm heading for Malavon, then the Temple and on to East haven! Looks like there's a few good battles ahead of me! Iron Golems are not my favorite types, in either game! I know this is an old game, so it's not played much anymore, but remember us newbies, that like to hear your 2 cents on any area that we're going into!I still have trouble splitting my party up and attaking 2 enemies at once, but that will be my tactic against Malavon. Wish me luck!
TL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2004, 11:19 AM   #2
General Nosaj
Zhentarim Guard

Malavon is the mage who has one of the badges right? Well if that is right the general does wish you luck as you will probably need it!
Old 04-10-2004, 01:45 PM   #3
TL
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Right you are, General! And, the last badge I need! Well, here I go, it's gonna' get ugly, but if I reload enough, I shall succeed!
Old 04-10-2004, 01:57 PM   #4
Bozos of Bones
Apophis

Chromatic Orb works surprisingly well against him. That's all I can remember.
Old 04-10-2004, 05:12 PM   #5
TL
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I'm in deep trouble! I killed everyone but the real Malevon, my team became fatiqued so i tried to exit the room to rest, the doorway turned pink but wouldn't let me out. I stayed an tried to kill the real malavon but we're too tired! is this a glitch or do I have to finish the whole fight before the door will open for me? Now I have to do it again, the iron golems, Umber Hulks, and the 1st malavon fell so quickly, I should have know something was amiss!
Old 04-11-2004, 12:28 PM   #6
General Nosaj
Zhentarim Guard

The door is meant to be locked so there is no way out. Spells like fireball and cloudkill work well against the umber hulks who are not that strong. Iron golems are slower than the hulks so you could try drawing the hulks out first, finnish them off and then deal with the golems. If you have any animate dead spells or the like you could use them as cannon fodder as you deal with the golems but it will be tough. Is the 2nd Malavon spell resistant? I can't remember.
Old 04-12-2004, 01:17 AM   #7
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Acid Arrows work very well against Malavon.
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2004, 09:01 AM   #8
TL
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Hi there General, he was throwing all kinds of stuff at us, the dimension door in a real pain in the ..., but I got him,went tearing throun the fallen temple and I've now reached Lonely wood. I've explored, went to the barbarians already, and need to go to Burial Isle,and this is a place that has some formidable enemies,so I am hesitating on taking the ride across the lake, but you know I'll dive in eventually!Whenever I read that an enemy that has 150 hit points and thaco of -8, you can understand my hesitation! gotta go, they're waiting for me...
Old 04-12-2004, 10:35 AM   #9
Lymond
Manshoon

Any chance you have a bard in your party?
Old 04-12-2004, 10:39 AM   #10
TL
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Nope!