Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-19-2003, 05:55 PM   #11
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

Quote:
Originally posted by Timber Loftis:
[img]graemlins/doh.gif[/img] Thanks, Andrewas.

Hey, Atty, read the article. Not only is it all wrong (of course), but the Clintons are apparently the only first family EVER to REFUSE the $1100/mo. stipend to house Secret Service staff. Must be their high moral standards.

One day she will have the backing. Then all you Republicans may TREMBLE IN FEAR!!! [img]graemlins/evilhaha.gif[/img] Mwuahahahaha...
Backing, scmacking, anyone with her negaives, we'll wipe the floor with, bring it on FOB-boy. [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 05-19-2003, 06:11 PM   #12
mysticelt
Drow Warrior

Muckrakin g! Spurilous rumors!
Old 05-19-2003, 08:59 PM   #13
MagiK

I think Mysticelt found the smiley locker.....look out IW.

Heard today a close personal friend of Bill and Hillary reported that She has NO intention to run for Pres. in 2004........unless she is drafted by the Dems of course...then she may change her mind. It is believed that her best shot will be after a second Bush term in office when it would be easier for a Democrat to win after 8 years of Republicans......It's always easier for the opposite party to score after two terms for either party in office.

Old 05-20-2003, 12:15 AM   #14
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Letter

For all of that, does it really matter? She's in NY, and I haven't heard any one complaining. She already served her two terms, saved by the constitution. Oh wait, it was supposed to be Bill's turn.
Old 05-20-2003, 12:27 AM   #15
Azred
Drow Priestess

Question Mark

Hilary won't run for President this time, I agree. She'll wait for 2008, as will all her ready and willing supporters. Unfortunately (or maybe not), she will have to put some more distance between herself and Bill.

No matter how thinly you slice it, it's still bologna.
Old 05-20-2003, 12:33 AM   #16
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Azred:
Hilary won't run for President this time, I agree. She'll wait for 2008, as will all her ready and willing supporters. Unfortunately (or maybe not), she will have to put some more distance between herself and Bill.
I don't think so. I think 2008 is at least 8 years too soon. She's too smart for that. I think she'll be smart enough to let a woman candidate LOSE before she makes a real bid to win.

And, no distance from Bill is needed. He is still quite liked by many. Plus, she gets the best of both worlds -- loving wife who struggled through cheating, but who has her own political career. She is MUCH smarter than Bill, and I don't think emotions play any role at all in her power game. Gotta love her.
Old 05-20-2003, 10:55 AM   #17
Rokenn
Galvatron

Quote:
She is MUCH smarter than Bill, and I don't think emotions play any role at all in her power game. Gotta love her.
Sort of like the Martha Stewart of politics? [img]graemlins/laugh2.gif[/img]
Old 05-20-2003, 11:58 AM   #18
MagiK

Quote:
Originally posted by robertthebard:
For all of that, does it really matter? She's in NY, and I haven't heard any one complaining. She already served her two terms, saved by the constitution. Oh wait, it was supposed to be Bill's turn.
ROTFL! no one complaining?? LLAO! whooooo brought tears to my eyes [img]smile.gif[/img] thanks [img]smile.gif[/img]

Old 05-20-2003, 12:00 PM   #19
MagiK

Quote:
And, no distance from Bill is needed. He is still quite liked by many. Plus, she gets the best of both worlds -- loving wife who struggled through cheating, but who has her own political career. She is MUCH smarter than Bill, and I don't think emotions play any role at all in her power game. Gotta love her.
You may be overestimating his actual popularity...he may be popular in some circles but i think in general the public has ...less regard for him than it did once. Of course that is just my opinion and there isn't any need to debate the issue.

Old 05-20-2003, 01:08 PM   #20
Azred
Drow Priestess

Question Mark

I do not doubt that there are still many who like her and would readily cast their vote, but she does need to put some distance between herself and Bill. Even 8 years from now, the first thought people will have when you say "Bill Clinton" will be "Monica Lewinsky". Without this distance, she will not be able to win votes from the section of the population who might have become dissatisfied with Republicans but are uncertain about Democrats. Recall that she ran for the Senate with only the name "Hillary" on her posters....

I don't think she could wait long enough for some other woman to run and fail. I cannot think of any female from any party with enough political clout to make a successful bid for the Presidency except Hillary.

And yes, she is quite sharp. Had Bill followed her lead more and not engaged in his dalliances, he could have had a much better Presidential legacy.

No matter how thinly you slice it, it's still bologna.