Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-06-2001, 02:00 PM   #31
Vampire

Quote:
Originally posted by Melusine:
*looks to the left*
uh huh, whatever, Av!

Uh maybe I meant a bit more than 2000 than! Silly me!
Oh well big deal...

------------------
Old 10-06-2001, 02:07 PM   #32
Ziroc

I added the Egyptian avatars because I think they are awesome! I spent many hours touching up the art for the forum, so they are staying. but....

I MAY (MAY) install a mod on the new upgraded UBB software that allows members to choose their Avatar. They will choose from a pre-selection of images I choose (not going to host images that people want for avatars though)-- I will always host sig images though..

But just something to think about:

When over 5,000 people have died in the attacks, this Avatar stuff is pretty inconsequential isn't it?

------------------
Ziroc™
Ironworks Webmaster
www.tgeweb.com/ironworks

Old 10-06-2001, 04:00 PM   #33
Vampire

Quote:
Originally posted by Ziroc:

When over 5,000 people have died in the attacks, this Avatar stuff is pretty inconsequential isn't it?

That's a bit harsh Ziroc! I think that was the over the line. You can't use that every time some one complains about something that might seem trivil (sp?).
Anyway, i don't think choosing your own avatars are all that good but I suppose it's the only way to stay off the Egyptian Avatars. P.S. I really didn't want to offend you as the egyptian Avatars are REALLY REALLY GOOD!!!!
but they are not for me at AD&D Forum.

------------------
Old 10-06-2001, 04:47 PM   #34
adam warlock
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Originally posted by Avatar:

Cool ones that everyone like are: the Dragons which are already there between 1000-1800, can't we have the golems back and maybe even liches?

liches is interesting
golems fell from disfavor long while back

Old 10-06-2001, 04:50 PM   #35
Tiamat
Banned User

How about Balor and Irenicus and Amylissan ranks? (the last one is Melissan's rwal name sorry for the spoiler)

------------------

I am Tiamat!
Old 10-06-2001, 07:31 PM   #36
Ace Flashheart
Manshoon

While were on the subject can I just point out how weedy the new madge. pic looks... I liked the old one, I could bask in the size of it, towering over newbies and their waterdeep guard pics, now I feel all insucure I don't suppose if I asked nicely Ziroc would make me a Lord Ao... all those pretty silver stars are sooooo shiny.
Old 10-06-2001, 07:47 PM   #37
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
I added the Egyptian avatars because I think they are awesome! I spent many hours touching up the art for the forum, so they are staying. but....

I MAY (MAY) install a mod on the new upgraded UBB software that allows members to choose their Avatar. They will choose from a pre-selection of images I choose (not going to host images that people want for avatars though)-- I will always host sig images though..

AMEN!

I think that the avatar system is fine.. sure we can make jokes and kid around, but as for routine threads complaining about them.. ARGH! I'm sort of on Mel's side for that one.

I happen to like the Egyptian stuff and hey, I've been a JACKAL headed Anubis for ages! LOL

One thing Z, I'm afraid that if you do let folks choose their own we'll end up with endless threads complaining about not having one somebody likes or not enough choice or they have to use one someone else has.. ack! Er.. in other words, no way EVERYONE will ALWAYS be happy! So do what's best for your sake and the forum will go on. As you pointed out.. there are more serious things going on in the world and what my avatar looks like.. well it's just not as big an issue, is it?

'course I never could miss a chance to tease.. so since I've been the Jackal Headed God of the dead for the longest, I hereby proclaim EVERYONE will dance naked on the nearest table or suffer having to be a Jackal head as long as I have! BWHAHAHAAHA!

Cloudy, watching for to dance with no clothing on.. *snicker* LOL

------------------

Raindancer of the Laughing Hyenas Clan
CloudDragon of the OHF
Storm-Queen
Raven's Cloud
StormCloud of the Black Knight: Heart Mind Soul Forever
"To sleep, perchance to dream..."
Old 10-06-2001, 07:50 PM   #38
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion
Quote:

I agree with Avatar that this is OTT. He never said it was the most important issue ever, and he shouldn't be made to feel small just for expressing an opinion about something. Anyway a comment like this could be made at any time even if the WTC had not been attacked. You could just as easily say oh well, millions of people are starving so you shouldn't be concerned with petty matters like this.

------------------

Goddess of Undress
Co-owner of the Evil Petting Zoo and Sorceress of the HADB
OLD COOTS eye candy and Disrobed Division of the ORT
And her sidekick Pink

"High hopes...an endless river...forever and ever"
Old 10-06-2001, 08:07 PM   #39
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Aelia Jusa:
I agree with Avatar that this is OTT. He never said it was the most important issue ever, and he shouldn't be made to feel small just for expressing an opinion about something. Anyway a comment like this could be made at any time even if the WTC had not been attacked. You could just as easily say oh well, millions of people are starving so you shouldn't be concerned with petty matters like this.
True, but I think the issue is not to take Avatar to task so much as to point out that this type of thread comes up too often and Z has asked people not to do it in the past. (Avatar.. no worries.. you probably haven't seen all the other threads, so nobody is after you personally! )

Maybe a general statement on the avatar system will be forthcoming with the new board and we can make it 'sticky' near the top of a board for newcomers to see.

The point here is that Ziroc really DOES do a hell of a lot of work to keep this forum up and running smoothly and changing over the avatars took hours of his time and effort (he did lots of touchups on the Egyptian pics). So any new revision will take even MORE of his time and effort and maybe it sounds a little ungrateful on our parts to keep after him for this or that new thing that strikes our fancy or we think we'd like. Of course it doesn't hurt to say hey- we saw this other system that might be nice, but what Z is seeing is constant COMPLAINTS about the avatars and the system he chose to use. So he may wonder why he bothers to put all that time and work into something that gets shot down so often.

Anyway... just my two cents worth

CB

------------------

Raindancer of the Laughing Hyenas Clan
CloudDragon of the OHF
Storm-Queen
Raven's Cloud
StormCloud of the Black Knight: Heart Mind Soul Forever
"To sleep, perchance to dream..."
Old 10-06-2001, 09:48 PM   #40
Tiamat
Banned User

Those egyptian pics are cool z! Keep em!

------------------

I am Tiamat!