Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-01-2002, 09:01 AM   #1
Dturner
Elite Waterdeep Guard

How does one get through the Room of Immolation in the Raven Monestary? I've tried several of my characters and just can't seem to make it.
Dturner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2002, 12:08 PM   #2
Nightowl2
Galvatron

Well, in games where I didn't have a monk - which was most of them - I sent in my best fighter and moved around a lot. As soon as that circle showed up nearby, I moved him. Positioning is very tricky in this one, and it takes a long time to kill those brass monks, especially hitting on the run.

You could try a rogue with good reflex saving throws and evasion; most of the time, they should avoid damage from the flame strikes. Unfortunately, rogues don't fight that well and usually don't have good hitpoints for the actual battle with the monks.

Nightowl2
Nightowl2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2002, 12:31 PM   #3
Jack of Speed
Manshoon

I used a sorcerer to beat it once... apparently they only target you with those flame strikes if your visible.
Old 11-01-2002, 03:50 PM   #4
Dturner
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I have had the best success with my best fighter, but even then I usually only manage to kill one of the brass monks before getting killed myself. Another thing is, running from the flamestrikes gets my characters beaten up by the monks: they chew up my character while they are running around. Well, I'll try a few other thins and get past this eventually.
Old 11-01-2002, 04:18 PM   #5
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion
If you're having trouble with your fighter try summoning something (animate dead's best - and hope you get a greater zombie lord who won't mind the heat ) then run your wizard/cleric/whoever summoned it around while the summon kills the monks.
Old 11-01-2002, 08:53 PM   #6
Dturner
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Thanks for your advice. The way I finally dealt with this was by lowering the difficulty. That allowed me to beat it, then I put it back up.