Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-26-2002, 01:15 PM   #1
sfwendy
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Hi, all!

After the new patch, my Oghma Priest does not show any of his domain spells. It's Oghma-specific, because I can create Helm, Tempus, et al and they all behave themselves. A new Priest of Oghma has the same problems as my original.

But clicking Oghma's Domain Spells comes up blank. The Spell section clearly shows he has an Identify spell, but that's the only place it shows up. Moreover, by 5th level, he's supposed to have other good spells (I chose Oghma for the great specialty spells he gets) -- and doesn't.

Any suggestions?
sfwendy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2002, 04:23 PM   #2
Nightowl2
Galvatron

Suggest you reinstall the game and not patch it at this time. Notify Blackisle tech support about the problem. Wait for the next patch that will fix this.

The game is playable without the patch; I and many others have finished it.

Nightowl2
Nightowl2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2002, 04:30 PM   #3
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

I could not suggest anything better, unless you simply want to wait until the next patch comes out, and hope that your problem is fixed in it. Make sure you call or somehow report the problem to the developers so that they will address the issue in the newest patch.
Larry_OHF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2002, 12:09 PM   #4
sfwendy
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Thanks for the tips. Results below:

Oh, well...I reinstalled the game, and discovered that unpatched Oghma priests have exactly the same problem: their Domain spells don't show up.

I'm going to have to choose another specialty, and none seem to have half as attractive a collection of spells.

I wrote the IWD II support people and told them about my problem, but I'm anxious to get busy playing so I'm thinking about my choices. Any suggestions for kickass cleric/tank (who will stay a cleric throughout the game)?

sfwendy =8-)
sfwendy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2002, 01:27 PM   #5
Jack of Speed
Manshoon

Its not as good as Ohgma... but I recomend Demarch of the Mask. Its the only cleric that can cast invis and Black Blade of Disaster... [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-27-2002, 05:06 PM   #6
Nightowl2
Galvatron

Yeah, it looks like the Oghma cleric is broken. I just created such a cleric, and sure enough, once in the game, he couldn't access his domain spell. The bar was blank when I clicked on the domain symbol. And I've never patched IWD2, so the patch is not the culprit.

Anyway, if you want a cleric/tank, go with Tempus. You start off with weapon focus in axe, which is a good weapon. Tempus also has a nice strength spell you can use once a day (under the special abilities button).

Nightowl2
Nightowl2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2002, 02:08 AM   #7
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Eef,I'm using a Cleric of Oghma and he rocks! Guess I won't patch up until they fix that glitch!