Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-30-2004, 09:32 PM   #1
Arnabas
Baaz Draconian

Picked this up yesterday and it's pretty cool. Haven't played too much yet, but it looks like it should be a lot of fun.
Old 04-30-2004, 11:17 PM   #2
Nerull
Lord Ao

Saw it, and it looks interesting. Might invest in it, but want to hear more word of mouth first.
[img]\"ubb/noncgi/smiles/new/ghoul.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br /><br />\"The middle class pays all of the taxes, does all of the work.<br />The lower class exists just to scare the middle class.\"<br />-George Carlin
Nerull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2004, 11:44 PM   #3
Arnabas
Baaz Draconian

Well, now that I've put in a few hours, I can say that it's a lot of fun. Designing a costume is easy, but fun. The powers are pretty cool. The city looks nice and is fairly large. There's nice touches here and there to be found.
The advancement system seems alright and they have neat things like the ability to be or take a sidekick (this allows the sidekick to fight enemies tougher than they normally could handle as long as they are in proximity to their mentor).
There are areas that can only be entered by groups, so while you can do a fair amount solo, it's good to find and make a team.
That's the weakness, though. After spending a fair amount of time creating my character (who I happen to find pretty cool), I don't want to be running into people who design costumes to look naked and then name themselves "The Burning Crotch". Sigh. But if you can get a good team, it looks like it should be cool.
Old 05-02-2004, 11:25 AM   #4
Arnabas
Baaz Draconian

If anyone here plays, look me up. I have 2 characters: Doom Knight, a male Magic Scrapper dressed in black leather and using a broadsword as well as Canadian Star, a female Mutant Tanker.
I had a bit of a laugh last night when (playing as Star)I ran into Kapt. Kanuck. We have very similar costumes-- we almost look like partners. It's pretty cool.
Old 05-03-2004, 10:55 AM   #5
Arnabas
Baaz Draconian

Hmmm... I guess I am the only one interested. Oh well.
Old 05-06-2004, 07:44 AM   #6
Nerull
Lord Ao

Actually, I was checking out the game (haven't bought it yet; I was waiting on opinions about it, especially after my last big investment in Temple of Elemental Evil), and it looks cool. However, it's still going to be a little bit before I check the game out (have to get the system running again; I hate having to swing by school to check email and post).
[img]\"ubb/noncgi/smiles/new/ghoul.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br /><br />\"The middle class pays all of the taxes, does all of the work.<br />The lower class exists just to scare the middle class.\"<br />-George Carlin
Nerull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2004, 12:13 PM   #7
Jazzybelle
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I spent the Money for Lineage II, but from what i read CoH is pretty funny too..
Im gonna find some Screenshots
Old 05-11-2004, 10:46 AM   #8
KDogRex
Symbol of Cyric

I'm really interested in the game, but I all ready am an avid EQ player and therefore, want to really think through another online game before dropping my hard earned shekels on it. You still play it after a day? That's a good sign for an online game! Hehehe...
Old 05-11-2004, 03:13 PM   #9
Arnabas
Baaz Draconian

I've been playing daily for about a week or so. Still having fun. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-13-2004, 02:52 AM   #10
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

YAY! I been playing for 2 weeks! LOVE IT! I was even in beta. See this post (no-one seemed interested except me at the time).

http://www.ironworksforum.com/ubb/no...;f=22;t=000969

I can tell you I am addicted. The engine is flawless. Compared to Bioware's buggy games that never get fixeds this is a godsend. I have yet to come across a significant bug. The whole GUI setup is great and the fx and costume design is amazing.

I am usually on Triumph or Protector. I mainly go with my level 12 magic defender. I sometimes get a little slowdown due to my low memory atm but it is soon to be fixed.
Yeah, I've teamed all over the place and even met someone called 'Coarse Anus', you can't avoid it [img]smile.gif[/img] . Most of the people are very, very nice and great team players. Many are former EQ. I'm in a SG atm too, which is fun.

The expansion is already announced - City of Villains ('nuff said).