Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-31-2001, 03:57 AM   #51
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Quote:
Originally posted by 250:
well, no one told me in nice terms when i said "you dont know shit". i think he deserved that flames as much as I did.

at least I learnt and stayed, and am glad of my choice.
we really didnt lose anything here
Actually this is a very good point! We had a humdinger of an argument and now are great mates. Not all negative starts mean negative continuances. You certainly rock Leo. and I'm proud to know you.

------------------
I am the walrus!.... er, no hang on....

A fair dinkum laughing Hyena!
Yorick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2001, 01:11 PM   #52
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Quote:
Originally posted by Yorick:
Actually this is a very good point! We had a humdinger of an argument and now are great mates. Not all negative starts mean negative continuances. You certainly rock Leo. and I'm proud to know you.

actually, here the old chinese saying goes:" people won't know each other until they fight. "

same applies here.

250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2001, 02:05 PM   #53
Ryanamur
Fzoul Chembryl

Quote:
Originally posted by Yorick:
C'mon man, if that scared him off he needs a thicker skin. There's more danger of pissing off and losing valued existing posters as a result of this thread than there was with that guy. He left before we replied. Let's just leave it hey? He wrote a garbled message that came across as arrogant and was responded to. Apologies have been made. Let's move on.
Yorick,

I don't think that we'll loose anybody over this other than Poll Master. We're all pretty mature and able to take a few "hits". Some may agree with one behavior, some might not. That's the way it his. I think that you went a bit hard on him. I'm not saying you weren't warranted. I just think you could've been a little more... tactful about it. That's all.

Yes, he did present a bit of an arrogant attitude. His post was a bit garbled and hard to understand. I think we can all agree on that. But, my impressions from reading that post was one of a 12 year old boy who's trying to establish himself in a big people crowed. I could be wrong. But that's the impression he left on me. I just think that we (as a whole group of posters) would have been better to help him out, to guide him and to bring him up closer to our level than to just shut him down.

Of course, we probably will never know who's approach would have been better. That's just the way it is.

Cheers
(and with no hard feelings)

------------------
If I am because I think, then, if I talk without thinking, I'm not really talking! Am I?
Ryanamur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2001, 06:28 PM   #54
AliCat
Drow Warrior

LadyZekke,
No, didn't see your previous messages, but it gets hard catching up sometimes in between twenty or so posts! The baby's fine, and kicking the belly ever so gently (like having a kitten inside me). And the belly is definitely showing now, which still surprises me when I see it in the mirror. Thanks for asking!

Ryanamur,
I half agree with you, he did sound a bit immature, but then again he also sounded very drunk, especially with the second post. If I had to guess, my guess would be drunk (and most likely over 17). Were we rough? Maybe. Then again, looking at those posts, what was his attitude towards us? It certainly wasn't "pleasantly curious" or introspective.

Oh, well... 'tis true sometimes about "first impressions"...

[This message has been edited by AliCat (edited 08-31-2001).]
AliCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2001, 06:49 PM   #55
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

dude, guys, let go. if Yorick didnt start that one, I would of freak out and gang on the dumb@$$ myself. so it is really his own problem
Old 08-31-2001, 07:08 PM   #56
Gabriel
Emerald Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Poll Master:
Ok first,I am quite popular on some other forums...which i check daily...um..i am poll master on all of the forums that i know about...blah blah woof woof...ok man dark anjel kicks serious A$$ so heres my poll....it has nothing to do with dark anjel if you were wondering ok i have downloaded a couple full walkthroughs one from this site...ok what do you think is the best....For BG
Originally posted by Poll Master:
Ok i am back like 10 min after i made this poll so umm....LOL nobodys answered me YET iiiiiiiimmmmmmmmmm sssssoooooooo happy im so happy i got the urge for urbal
Okay Everyone here say that they think that this post were 'hostile' or 'unfriendy' or some-think that meant he desirved to be flammed. Could you guys point out where this alleged stuff is? All I see is a post saying that he popular on the other forums he is on, that he also called poll master there, a totaly ilevent comment on the fact that he thinks Dark Angel is great. I think he means that T.V. series about the GE chick but it might be about some thing else called Dark Angel and a question asking what walkthrough we seen do we think is best- no remarks that attack anything there.
His second post seems to me to say that came back 10 minutes later saw there was no replies and made a comment on it, using the smileys that repsent a joke, then he move on to make a qoute of the annoying song from a crappy shampoo advert- again I can't see any hostile comments there. Besides who can say they haven't felt like posting something odd or adding something odd for no reason to their posts, hell look at the freaking bunny stuff, pointless junk IMHO.
SO they way I see it, this guy comes along post some stuff, which aren't flames or tolling and gets flammed by a few members of this board, who are going against everything Ziroc and the Mod's say we should do to new and existing members. Then after attacking him they suffer a light slap on the wrist and no one seems to care.

Quote:
well, no one told me in nice terms when i said "you dont know shit". i think he deserved that flames as much as I did.

at least I learnt and stayed, and am glad of my choice.
we really didnt lose anything here
250 so your saying because you got flammed for saying something, which judging by the tone of it, was said in arguement it is okay to flame some one just because you don't like the way he said something? If you got muged would it be okay for for you to mug someone else?
As for your comments on not losing anything here, how do you know? he wasn't given a chance and in the words of the Mod's and Ziroc everyone here is speical and welcomed. Frankly I suprised by the double standered that have been shown in this post, If he stayed and flamed someone else later on he would of been given a warning but it seems just because these members are old and popular that they got away with it.

------------------

[This message has been edited by Gabriel (edited 08-31-2001).]
Gabriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2001, 07:14 PM   #57
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Quote:
Originally posted by Gabriel:
250 so your saying because you got flammed for saying something, which judging by the tone of it, was said in arguement it is okay to flame some one just because you don't like the way he said something? If you got muged would it be okay for for you to mug someone else?
As for your comments on not losing anything here, how do you know? he wasn't given a chance and in the words of the Mod's and Ziroc everyone here is speical and welcomed. Frankly I suprised by the double standered that have been shown in this post, If he stayed and flamed someone else later on he would of been given a warning but it seems just because these members are old and popular that they got away with it.

yep, it is OK to flame him. He has not earned anything here yet, so he better start with something called "humble"

I would of give him a warm welcome had not been his dumb attitude

it is like asking me a allow a stranger into my house, while this guy is loud, noisy, clumsy and smelly. I would not shoot him, but I would certainly call the cops

also, what I see here is. you act nice, you are welcomed, you act dumb, you are ignored (possibly kicked out) this code is unwritten but commenly understood and accepted.

to you, Gabriel, however, it might be a different case, since you are so nice and accepting. you probally would of be nice to him, which I found it to be precious and wonderful. you can treat him you way, and I will treat him my way, fair?

[This message has been edited by 250 (edited 08-31-2001).]
Old 08-31-2001, 07:32 PM   #58
Gabriel
Emerald Dragon

Quote:
yep, it is OK to flame him. He has not earned anything here yet, so he better start with something called "humble"

I would of give him a warm welcome had not been his dumb attitude

it is like asking me a allow a stranger into my house, while this guy is loud, noisy, clumsy and smelly. I would not shoot him, but I would certainly call the cops

also, what I see here is. you act nice, you are welcomed, you act dumb, you are ignored (possibly kicked out) this code is unwritten but commenly understood and accepted.
And that code goes agaisnt everything this entire collection of Forums say that they stand for, why should there be these rules if people aren't going to use them?

Quote:
to you, Gabriel, however, it might be a different case, since you are so nice and accepting. you probally would of be nice to him, which I found it to be precious and wonderful. you can treat him you way, and I will treat him my way, fair?

[This message has been edited by 250 (edited 08-31-2001).]
Okay, I treat people how how I want to any you can treat people how you want, but I just say this- and this goes to everyone that flamed him- Why, Why if you didn't agree with what he said or how he said it did you reply knowing that any flame goes against what Ziroc wants for this site?

------------------
Gabriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2001, 09:13 PM   #59
Ryanamur
Fzoul Chembryl

again, sorry to say that I don't agree with you. I think Gabriel is right (regardless if he was a drunk or 12).

Now, just taking the following quote, I would like to know (1) why you didn't respect the code you think is so wide spread (that to ignore dumbness)? and (2) why you granted upon yourself the power to kick someone out... if I'm not mistaken, that power is reserved to Ziroc and possibly the mods.

Quote:
you act nice, you are welcomed, you act dumb, you are ignored (possibly kicked out) this code is unwritten but commenly understood and accepted.
Again, just like I told Yorick, I have nothing against you. I just don't agree with the way you handled this that's all

Cheers
Ryanamur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2001, 05:46 AM   #60
Kaz
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

This is not exactly to the subject, but it would be nice if people came back and edited messages of theirs which got strongly garbled... I got lost about halfway through the first post (my English is going...) and now have no idea what you are all talking about!

------------------

I am the great Kazara
Kaz is offline   Reply With Quote