Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-05-2002, 10:34 AM   #41
Iluvatar Oakenshield
Manshoon

Quote:
Originally posted by Aviendha & Melusine:
9 Enslaved - Eld (The worst Enslaved album. Crap drum sound!

Agree - stopped listening to them after it...
Frost is a true classic though!

19 Immortal - Blizzard beasts (By far the worst Immortal album. Battles in the North and Sons of the Northern Darkness are heaps better)

Ugh... Again, agree. And then, full price for only 29 crappy minutes?? What a rip off - I traded my copy for something else with a friend...

[/b]
First of all, it's great you girls like my top 30, thanxs! You both have great taste [img]smile.gif[/img]

About Enslaved - Eld, I have heard that alot about the drums. Personally I don't think they are that bad. I mean it's not the best part of the album but it ain't crap imo. Anyway I just have a "thing" for it. I was listening a to it alot when it just came out and then I saw them live at a gig here in the Netherlands and afterwards they were standing at the bar having some drinks. I got to talk to Grutjle (sp?) the singer and he is such a nice guy. We actually had a real nice conversation about all sorts of things and I friend of mine took some pictures (I can post one if you like) After that they just seemed even better than before. [img]smile.gif[/img] And maybe that's why I like Eld that much. Especially the song "Kweldir's blod" (again sp?) It has a very good intro. Also I like the other albums too, Vikinglir Veldir = great first album, Frost = just plain rules, Blodhemn = less good than their other work. Mardraum = very good, but it takes a lot of spins to get into it and the newest Monumension = Different, very psychedelical, personally I like it a lot It's like they have been locking themselves in the basements for over a year with the complete ouvre of Pink Floyd (which is one of my favourite non-metal bands) But then again, I think this one is love it or hate it

About Immortal - Blizzard Beasts -> I'm surprised you don't like this one. I love it. Especially "Mountains of might" bloody freakin' riff that one has. I do like Battles in the north too. It would probably be in the top 40. But Sons of northern darkness and Damned in black are just not my thing. Besides I heard they have become quite the "rockstars" as of lately.

Also: Amortis is a band from Germany or Austria (I think) I don't really know much about them, they are still really underground, I think they just releashed their second album (Summoned by astral fires was the first) but I haven't got it yet. They really remind me of Dissection (black/death) You might want to check them out sometime [img]smile.gif[/img]

About Angizia: What Melusine said: Love it or hate it, Me I just love them very very much. One song to add to that list should be "Der Kirschgarten oder Memoiren an die Stirn des Kindeszeit"

Cheers, Iluvatar (local headbanger of IronWorks)
"Wherever she dwells I will bid a farewell sigh For she dwells with beauty - beauty that must die And deep inside me I will wait for her return To her enchanting, awe-inspiring flame I'll yearn O lust and rueful thought be mine, My soul enhanced, desires... Melancholy. My heart is thine."

Schwadorf, Empyrium '97
Old 05-05-2002, 10:50 AM   #42
Melusine
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by Iluvatar Oakenshield:

We actually had a real nice conversation about all sorts of things and I friend of mine took some pictures (I can post one if you like)
Sure, just put one on Stealthy's (link's in my sig) - that's where all members put their piccies. You can also email it to me and I'll put it up.
It may be a bit blasé but personally I don't think too much of talking to those guys - some of them are nice, some aren't, but they're all just humans. Not trying to put down your experience, hell, God knows I went crazy when I got my picture taken with Dani at the age of 16, hehe

Quote:
About Immortal - Blizzard Beasts -> I'm surprised you don't like this one. I love it. Especially "Mountains of might" bloody freakin' riff that one has. I do like Battles in the north too. It would probably be in the top 40. But Sons of northern darkness and Damned in black are just not my thing. Besides I heard they have become quite the "rockstars" as of lately.
Have become? LOL, make that 'have always been'.
That's also what I was trying to say above - it is just very common in black metal circles for the musicians to be arrogant - comes with the whole image such bands have to maintain. Personally I think that's such a childish, boring attitude. BTW, not saying they're *all* like that, not at all!
Old 05-05-2002, 10:54 AM   #43
Melusine
Dracolisk

BTW, Iluvatar, you might like this: I came across the official Angizia site - WOW!! Very pretty [img]smile.gif[/img]

And guess what?!? WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!! They have got a new album out!!! You can order through the site, but it's a bit expensive if you pay on delivery - I think I'll check the local stores first....

Anyway, the address, very surprisingly, is http://www.angizia.com

Enjoy

[ 05-05-2002, 10:56 AM: Message edited by: Melusine ]
Old 05-05-2002, 11:10 AM   #44
Iluvatar Oakenshield
Manshoon

Thanx for the link [img]smile.gif[/img] I must say though I'm a bit hesitated when it comes to ordering via internet. As you say it's expensive and you're never sure if you get what you want.

I agree about talking to the "black metal heroes" They are not really that special. But the times when I tried to talk to these guys and all was years ago when I was 16/17/18 -> I wouldn't bother coming backstage now that much. But still they are just memories I'm fond of.

About Immortal, I don't think they have always been arrogant. I met Demonaz years ago (again?, yes again I must have met whole scene ) when I was 16, they weren't all that big then and he was quite nice, giving me autographs and everything. [img]smile.gif[/img] i just thought that they became arrogant since they really started selling a lot. They played at the No Mercy festival in Tilburg about a month ago and I talked to Warslut from Destroyer 666 (forget it ) He told me that they didn't even bother to talk to the musicians from some of the other bands (except the guys from Hypochrisy) even though they supposedly had dinner with the whole group. Now that's lame....
"Wherever she dwells I will bid a farewell sigh For she dwells with beauty - beauty that must die And deep inside me I will wait for her return To her enchanting, awe-inspiring flame I'll yearn O lust and rueful thought be mine, My soul enhanced, desires... Melancholy. My heart is thine."

Schwadorf, Empyrium '97
Old 05-05-2002, 11:25 AM   #45
Melusine
Dracolisk

Ah, ok so nostalgia for you too, eh?
Hypocrisy *is* nice btw, the guy with the funny name was right about that.
And when bands get really big it's not so much arrogance that makes them appear so aloof, it's usually just that they get a lot of attention from fans, and I can imagine they want to get away from that sometimes. What irks me more about these people is the whole "I'm such a badassed god of darkness"-attitude - that really put me off the genre alltogether. A lot of fans/musicians are VERY concerned with how they appear to others...
Old 05-05-2002, 11:25 AM   #46
Iluvatar Oakenshield
Manshoon

Quote:
Originally posted by Melusine:
It may be a bit blasé but personally I don't think too much of talking to those guys - some of them are nice, some aren't, but they're all just humans. Not trying to put down your experience, hell, God knows I went crazy when I got my picture taken with Dani at the age of 16, hehe
Hey that's cool, I have also have a few pics of me and my guinea pig

Schwadorf, Empyrium '97
Old 05-05-2002, 11:30 AM   #47
Iluvatar Oakenshield
Manshoon

Quote:
Originally posted by Melusine:
Ah, ok so nostalgia for you too, eh?
Hypocrisy *is* nice btw, the guy with the funny name was right about that.
And when bands get really big it's not so much arrogance that makes them appear so aloof, it's usually just that they get a lot of attention from fans, and I can imagine they want to get away from that sometimes. What irks me more about these people is the whole "I'm such a badassed god of darkness"-attitude - that really put me off the genre alltogether. A lot of fans/musicians are VERY concerned with how they appear to others...
I couldn't agree more with that [img]smile.gif[/img] Except that I still listen to BM as often as I always used to. It's the music that counts not the attitude or image.

Schwadorf, Empyrium '97
Old 05-05-2002, 11:32 AM   #48
Melusine
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by Iluvatar Oakenshield:
Except that I still listen to BM as often as I always used to. It's the music that counts not the attitude or image.
[img]smile.gif[/img] I know - I guess my entire taste has evolved. But it *was* a good reason to tire of all the concerts...
Old 05-06-2002, 05:47 AM   #49
lroyo

[quote]Originally posted by Melusine:
Quote:
Originally posted by Aviendha:
[qb]About Wongraven - do you listen to any similar bands? It's a whole genre, one I even prefer to most metal.
Melusine,

I don't listen to anything that sounds very much like Wongraven. I have all of Arcana's cds and love them. I also love Dargaard. I'm also a very big fan of Dead Can Dance.

Do you have some suggestions for me? So far I think we are quite in tune with each other, so I'll check out anything you suggest! [img]smile.gif[/img]

Aviendha.

Old 05-08-2002, 03:41 PM   #50
AzureWolf
20th Level Warrior

Just bought two cds today, Emperor "IX Equilibrium" and Opeth "Blackwater Park". Cant say I am all too fussed on the first one but the second now that is another story....soooooooo good [img]graemlins/1drool.gif[/img]