Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-30-2004, 04:32 PM   #1
Dar'tanian
Red Wizard of Thay

What the heck is this....it looks just liek the Holy Avenger but I guess it is the opposite, the problem with it is it has no discription like when i go into my inventory and click on it the screen is blank...I picked it up after killing a Githyanki in the Watchers keep level 4. If anyone knows what is up wit this thing just tell me...thnx
Old 05-30-2004, 05:40 PM   #2
Tyrion
Quintesson

Its supposed to be just the opposite of the Holy reaver...but I never found it in Watchers Keep.
Old 05-30-2004, 07:12 PM   #3
teardropmina
Drizzt Do'Urden

Dar'tanian,

what mods have you installed for your current game? various mods may mess up the item description.

also, Unholy Reaver is just Gith Anti-Paladin's sword, and I don't think it has any perk except for it's a +5 weapon. However, though I seem to remember that Unholy Reaver is undroppable. It might drop in SoA (when they ask you to return the silver blade), but not droppable in WK.
Old 05-31-2004, 12:06 AM   #4
Dar'tanian
Red Wizard of Thay

tashia valen solafein tactis ease of use....n all the patches....but yea i got it in WK
Old 05-31-2004, 02:58 PM   #5
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

The Unholy Reaver is indeed undroppable, unless you've installed the "Anti-Paladin kit" component of the Tactics mod--which you say you have done. So the fact that the sword exists is normal.

What is not normal is that you found the weapon in Watcher's Keep, or that it has no Description. Try uninstalling the Anti-Paladin component and then Reloading that fight with the Githyanki to see if that changes anything.
Old 05-31-2004, 03:05 PM   #6
Dace De'Briago
Silver Dragon

I usually pick up the Unholy Reaver on the bodies of the Githyanki on L4 Watchers Keep as well.

I've done this on several installs of BG2, so I'd go as far as to say that it is usual to get it there. As Six pointed out, it does require a mod to be installed (one that I now install as default).

I would suggest that you have installed your mods/patches in an unusual order, and that the game is slightly borked as a result.

*cough* reinstall *cough*

Old 06-01-2004, 07:26 AM   #7
Dace De'Briago
Silver Dragon

n.b. you may be able to get away with reinstalling the tactics mod only.
Old 06-02-2004, 01:13 PM   #8
mad=dog

I have had Unholy Reaver both with and without ToB installed and I have never had any problems with it. It looks like a regular 2H sword without enchantments so it is easy to miss. It is dropped by the Gith that approaches you after you return from spellhold regarding the silver blade.
I have even used it with my Blade. It seems to protect vs. various mind attacks and dispel magic on hit, although it appears to be an area effect in contrast to Carsomyr. These things are purely experimental as neither description nor icons gives you the faitest hint towards it's powers.