Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-09-2001, 06:08 AM   #1
Mr Elephant
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Not disapponitment with him, but disappointment with the lack of treasure/items. There wasn't any. I know it was a prison and so there shouldn't be any, but I felt cheated by killing him and there being no reward except XP and the 'I did it' factor.

What about all the adventurers who had got that far and died? WK is full of leftovers of adventurers parties, some should have got to him?

We all remember our delight at killing Firkraag and finding that interesting weapon, I just felt 'urgghhhh' at hunting and hunting round and finding nothing. So disappointed.

Different subject: I have Pierce Shield as a level 7 AND a level 8 spell??? And no, I do not mean Pierce Magic as a level 6 spell. When you look at the detail of the L7 PM spell, it says L8 in the text - weird??
Mr Elephant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2001, 06:19 AM   #2
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

If you recall, Demogorgan was Imprisoned. The seals were weakening, so the Vigil Knights tricked you into re-sealing it. You are the first party to meet Demogorgan.

On Level 3, in the room with the Master Wraith, lies the remains of a previous party.

On Level 4, you meet Carston and one of his surviving students, they were a Mage party.

Because Carston is hogging the Machine of Lum of Mad, he blocks the path to the fifth level.

Killing Demogorgan gives you 100,000 Xp per party member, you can't exactly argue with that.

Try downloading the Improved Demogorgan patch for an even better fight( much better).

Land of the Psycho-moe
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2001, 06:51 PM   #3
AzRaeL StoRmBlaDe
Hathor

what does that extra fight entail dundee? if you recall my party was smited before getting there
Old 11-10-2001, 04:46 AM   #4
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by AzRaeL StoRmBlaDe:
what does that extra fight entail dundee? if you recall my party was smited before getting there

Eh? If you are referring what Improved Demogorgan throws at you, here's the spoiler,
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
Assuming you do not use the Trap cheese tactic, when Demogorgan spawns, he instantaneously casts Time-Stop, and gates in the following, a Marilith, a Balor, a Cambion and 2 other demons, around the nearest target.

He then casts Storm of Vengence and Implosion like free candy, Symbols of Stunning are also in high supply here and lots of Demon Fear.

Improved Demongorgan is immuned to Lower Resistance, so attack spells bounce off him. You can still Breach him though.
Old 11-10-2001, 01:49 PM   #5
Sparhawk
Quintesson

How do you resist the deamon fear?
I was just wondering ´cause my chaotic commands doesn´t seem to affect the fear....neither does my mages resist fear spell?

"Between the years when the oceans drank Atlantis and the rise of the sons of Arius. There was an age undreamed of, when shining kingdoms lay spread across the world. Hither came Conan, the cimmarian, sword in hand. It is I, his chronicler who knows well his saga. Now let me tell you of the days of high adventure!"

"Unleash the Casey!"

"Make no mistake, should you choose to test my resolve in this matter, you will be looking at an outcome that will have a finality, that is beyound your comprehension. And you will not counting the days or the months or the years, but milleniums in a place with no doors!"
Sparhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2001, 02:02 PM   #6
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Eh? Remove/Resist Fear works against Demon Fear.
Old 11-12-2001, 12:17 AM   #7
AzureWolf
20th Level Warrior

quote:
Originally posted by Mr Elephant:
Not disapponitment with him, but disappointment with the lack of treasure/items. There wasn't any. I know it was a prison and so there shouldn't be any, but I felt cheated by killing him and there being no reward except XP and the 'I did it' factor.

What about all the adventurers who had got that far and died? WK is full of leftovers of adventurers parties, some should have got to him?

We all remember our delight at killing Firkraag and finding that interesting weapon, I just felt 'urgghhhh' at hunting and hunting round and finding nothing. So disappointed.

Different subject: I have Pierce Shield as a level 7 AND a level 8 spell??? And no, I do not mean Pierce Magic as a level 6 spell. When you look at the detail of the L7 PM spell, it says L8 in the text - weird??

CALEB IS THAT YOU?!!?! [img]tongue.gif[/img]
AzureWolf is offline   Reply With Quote