Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-02-2008, 11:19 AM   #61
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Default Re: Did my first ever 25 man raid ever!

Thanks for taking the time to post all that Kak. Here's what I have which gives me 212 hit (232 with the talbuk food):

- Deathblow X11 Goggles (+11 hit)
- Vindicators Band of Triumph (+10 hit gem)
- Swiftstrike Shoulders
- Vengeance Wrap (+2 hit socket bonus)
- Netherblade Chestpiece (+11 hit)
- Vindicators Dragonhide bracers
- Fel Leather Gloves (+17 hit, +13 hit gems)
- Belt of Deep Shadow (+18 hit, +18 hit gems)
- Gladiators Leather Legguards
- Boots of Utter Darkness (+23 hit)
- Ring of a Thousand Marks (+19 hit)
- Violet Signet (+22 hit)
- Medallion of the Alliance
- Bladefist Breadth

That's pretty much my PvE set that I've accumulated in the 2 weeks since I started raiding. I can regem some of the +10agi red gems with some +5 hit +5 agi that might push my hit up some more.

I've managed to replace all but the neck, legs and trinkets with some PvE gear. I thought of getting Bloodlust Brooch for 41 badges but I'm saving up for these pants which are 100 badges:

http://www.wowhead.com/?item=34928

I still have my PvP set which I have 300 resilience in, but I only use that for PvP and arena.

Last edited by Memnoch; 09-02-2008 at 01:04 PM.
Memnoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 11:21 AM   #62
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Also, tried ZA last night and got the bird boss to 1% TWICE but couldn't kill it.

Old 09-02-2008, 12:40 PM   #63
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Another thing - do you guys care about socket bonuses? I was playing around with the DPS spreadsheet from Elitist Jerks and I noticed that if I changed all my gems to +8 or +10 hit yellow gems my unbuffed DPS goes up significantly (even if my AP and agi drop). Obviously I'll get owned in PvP, but I'm thinking of socketing all my gem slots with +hit for PvE and forgetting about socket bonuses or +agi/+ap stuff. Has anyone tried this? Going all out for +hit?

Last edited by Memnoch; 09-02-2008 at 01:04 PM.
Old 09-02-2008, 05:35 PM   #64
Lavindathar
Harper

It all depends...

If the socket bonus is +5 spell damage, then for me its worth it. If its +2 spell damage, I get more from ignoring the socket bonus and going for better gems.

My spreadsheet takes it into account, so yours will too.
Old 09-02-2008, 08:32 PM   #65
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memnoch View Post
Thanks for taking the time to post all that Kak. Here's what I have which gives me 212 hit (232 with the talbuk food):

- Deathblow X11 Goggles (+11 hit)
- Vindicators Band of Triumph (+10 hit gem)
- Swiftstrike Shoulders
- Vengeance Wrap (+2 hit socket bonus)
- Netherblade Chestpiece (+11 hit)
- Vindicators Dragonhide bracers
- Fel Leather Gloves (+17 hit, +13 hit gems)
- Belt of Deep Shadow (+18 hit, +18 hit gems)
- Gladiators Leather Legguards
- Boots of Utter Darkness (+23 hit)
- Ring of a Thousand Marks (+19 hit)
- Violet Signet (+22 hit)
- Medallion of the Alliance
- Bladefist Breadth

That's pretty much my PvE set that I've accumulated in the 2 weeks since I started raiding. I can regem some of the +10agi red gems with some +5 hit +5 agi that might push my hit up some more.

I've managed to replace all but the neck, legs and trinkets with some PvE gear. I thought of getting Bloodlust Brooch for 41 badges but I'm saving up for these pants which are 100 badges:

http://www.wowhead.com/?item=34928

I still have my PvP set which I have 300 resilience in, but I only use that for PvP and arena.
Let me just gives you the best items you can get for T4 content. Other opinions might differ however.

(Head) Quad Deathblow X44 Goggles (Schematics drops in Sunwell Trash, you can join any sunwell trash pug to get it) 24 hit
(Amulet) Shattered Sun Pendant of Might (Exalted with Shattered Sun Offensive)
(Body) Tunic of Dark Hour (100 badge body armor) 39 hit (epic gem)
(Shoulder) Netherblade Shoulderpads (T4 Shoulder from HKM) 23 hit (epic gems)
(Bracer) Master Assasin's Wristwrap (35 badge wrist) 10 hit (epic gems)
(Glove) Netherblade glove (T4 Glove from Curator ) 17 hit
(Belt) Belt of Silent Path (75 badge belt) 33 hit (epic gems)
(Leg) Trouser's of Scryers Retainer (100 badge leg armor) 43 hit (epic gems)
(Feet) Nyn'jah's Tabi Boot (60 badge boot) 30 hit (epic gems)
(Back) Drape of Dark Reavers (Cloak from Aran) 17 hit
(Ring1) Angelista's Revenge (60 badge ring)
(Ring2) Garona Signet Ring ((Ring from Curator) 18 hit
(Trinket1) Dragonspine Trophy (Trinket from Gruul)
(Trinket2) Shard of Contempt (Trinket from Princess in Mgt Heroic)
(Range weapon) Crossbow of Rilentless Strike (150 badge crossbow) 14 hit

I didn't factor in the weapons.

With these items, you can get 268 hit (288hit from spicy talbuk). Your hit may seem little. But you will have over 1900++ap (will spike to 3000++ap during raid, believe me), 24 ~ 25% crit, some armor penetration, u got haste and also some expertise. In theory with these item, you should be ready for T6 content already.
Kakero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 08:40 PM   #66
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memnoch View Post
Another thing - do you guys care about socket bonuses? I was playing around with the DPS spreadsheet from Elitist Jerks and I noticed that if I changed all my gems to +8 or +10 hit yellow gems my unbuffed DPS goes up significantly (even if my AP and agi drop). Obviously I'll get owned in PvP, but I'm thinking of socketing all my gem slots with +hit for PvE and forgetting about socket bonuses or +agi/+ap stuff. Has anyone tried this? Going all out for +hit?
Spreadsheet is telling you that +hit gems will gives you more dps is because your current hit is very low.

Either that or it's because Vulajin put more aep on hit. Aldriana gives less aep for hit.

Basically, if the socket bonus is good. Just put the corresponding gem colour to it. However as a rogue, you should only have 2 blue/purple gems for the meta gem requirement.
Kakero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 10:27 PM   #67
Lavindathar
Harper

One thing I will say Memm, is any trinket is better than Mediallion of the Alliance for PvE!

Even a shit green one you buy off the AH - Although Bloodlust Broach will last you, as the DST is an incredibly rare (and sought after) drop.

So if you need the legs, get them, but go for BB asap.
Old 09-03-2008, 01:52 AM   #68
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

I replaced MotA with Terokkar Stone Tablet (or whatever its called) and it doesn't share a coolddown with Bladefist so I've been able to add +22 hit and +200 AP every 20 secs. We downed VOID REAVER tonight and I was top 2 dps and damage done yay! Making good progress I think.

Old 09-03-2008, 01:56 AM   #69
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakero View Post
With these items, you can get 268 hit (288hit from spicy talbuk). Your hit may seem little. But you will have over 1900++ap (will spike to 3000++ap during raid, believe me), 24 ~ 25% crit, some armor penetration, u got haste and also some expertise. In theory with these item, you should be ready for T6 content already.
I managed to get +268 hit from resocketing - I still got my meta gem bonus and the other bonuses other than the +2 agi bonus from belt, I decided to socked 2x +10 hit for those. The results were spectacular! I am now top 4 raid dps (900+dps) and total damage. My only issue is that because I resocketed away from blues I lost +30sta and because I'm using all PvE stuff I only have 93 resil and so a couple of times I got two shotted by void reaver's pounding. But I'm doing a shitload more DPS now.

Old 09-03-2008, 01:58 AM   #70
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Also, I turned down the T5 shoulders from Void Reaver tonight as my Swiftstrike Shoulders were better.