Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-27-2002, 10:44 AM   #1
Johnson
Elite Waterdeep Guard

How do I get the info I need to show Mae'var is a traitor to the thieves guild (or at least to Renal). I go to his site and talk to everyone - then he sends me on a quest! Then when I go to the quest I get asked to clear the freakin sewers - quest after quest without ending one!!!!!
Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2002, 10:54 AM   #2
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Spoiler
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
1) Mae'Var asks you to steal something for your first assignment. Do so.
2) When you pass the item to him, he will pass you to Edwin who will ask you to assassinate a Mage. Agree to do so.
3) Mae'Var will ask you to kill a traitor, when you find the traitor, spare his life and take his dagger as proof that you completed the deed.
4) Edwin will ask you retrieve some documents back. You can either pickpocket or buy the documents back.
Note: If you use a Thief to talk to the person holding the documents, you get an option to break his neck. [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]
5) Confess to Edwin, and he will pass you a key that will unlock a drawer containing damning documents that you can show as proof to Renal Bloodscalp.
6) Renal will ask you to finish off Mae'Var.

Land of the Psycho-moe
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2002, 11:30 AM   #3
philip
Galvatron

You won't get the xp from doing the quests but you can cast knock on the strongbox (not sure if it's a bug so it might not work).
philip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2002, 11:54 AM   #4
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

The Strongbox is warded against simple pickpocketing and spells, so casting Knock on it will not work.
Old 07-27-2002, 12:36 PM   #5
philip
Galvatron

Quote:
Originally posted by Dundee Slaytern:
The Strongbox is warded against simple pickpocketing and spells, so casting Knock on it will not work.
I opened it a couple of times with knock. But if you try to lockpick it and you can't the message says that it MAY be warded against simple spells.
I this one isn't.

[ 07-27-2002, 12:38 PM: Message edited by: philip ]
philip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2002, 12:47 PM   #6
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Hmmmm? I will playtest it tomorrow( nighttime now) and see how it goes.
Old 07-28-2002, 12:04 AM   #7
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Interesting. Even though the message appears after casting Knock, the drawer is still openable. Not sure if it is a bug or a game design.
Old 07-28-2002, 10:30 PM   #8
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

Even so, delivering the evidence prematurely would deprive you of the EXP gained through his quests, and could even cut you off from Edwin--Right?

Although it would be nice to get the documents, then leave them on the table right in front of him while you ran all the errands.
Old 07-28-2002, 11:07 PM   #9
Illumina Drathiran'ar
Apophis

5 Card Draw Champion
No, the first few times I played the game I was able to get in with Knock (Although now I think it's a bug.) I ran right back to Renal without even TALKING to Mae'Var in the first place, then came back and killed Mae'Var, then went upstairs and Edwin was there, he said something like "So the fool thief is dead" or something like that.
Oh, and if you want to get Edwin's documents another way, you can go as a charismatic female and just ask for them, and if he wants gold you can say something more or less like, oh, so you can't just give them to me, an attractive woman?

http://xkcd.com/386/
http://www.xkcd.com/406/

My heart is like my coffee. Black, bitter, icy, and with a straw.
Illumina Drathiran'ar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2002, 12:27 PM   #10
JeraalMordeth
Dungeon Master

Quote:
No, the first few times I played the game I was able to get in with Knock (Although now I think it's a bug.) I ran right back to Renal without even TALKING to Mae'Var in the first place, then came back and killed Mae'Var, then went upstairs and Edwin was there, he said something like "So the fool thief is dead" or something like that.
Oh, and if you want to get Edwin's documents another way, you can go as a charismatic female and just ask for them, and if he wants gold you can say something more or less like, oh, so you can't just give them to me, an attractive woman?
My God! How many times have you played through this game? I'm still finding whole quests that I had no idea existed and here you guys are rattling off the consequences of playing different genders and how stats effect quests. Sheesh.
JeraalMordeth is offline   Reply With Quote