Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-03-2002, 07:09 PM   #1
dale
Manshoon

I am trying to get my bard built up in pickpocket skill. She is level 10, with skill of 17 or 18.

I am in Arnika.

I have read that Anna is a good one to practice on, but I am not having any luck with even her. I think I got her once or twice, but now she always catches me, yells, and then refuses to talk.

Is there a way to get her calmed down and back in a "receptive" manner? She just mutters something about "aliens".
Old 02-03-2002, 08:13 PM   #2
Jem
Zhentarim Guard

quote:
Originally posted by dale:
Is there a way to get her calmed down and back in a "receptive" manner? She just mutters something about "aliens".

Actually, Anna and Antone are the worst ones to practice on. He'Li is much better. If you want to calm Anna down, give her something out of your inventory -- she'll refuse it if it is not valuable enough to appease her so it's not like you lose tons of stuff trying to calm her down but you might lose something you wanted to sell. NPCs will also take party gold but I've never tried that option so I don't know if she automatically takes it all or just enough to make her get over her anger.
Old 02-03-2002, 08:29 PM   #3
ice3
Drow Warrior

I bought "Sax" for one gold piece This dump Umpanis!! Hehehe
Old 02-04-2002, 12:51 AM   #4
dale
Manshoon

quote:
Originally posted by Jem:

Actually, Anna and Antone are the worst ones to practice on. He'Li is much better. .

Thanks, I just tried that and got a successful PP and a shoplift, but then she caught me and called in the guards.

quote:

If you want to calm Anna down, give her something out of your inventory -- she'll refuse it if it is not valuable enough to appease

I'll try that in the future.

Once you have gotten to the stage where Anna responds by "bunch of flippin aliens" or some such, is there any way of talking to her again?

quote:
NPCs will also take party gold but I've never tried that option so I don't know if she automatically takes it all or just enough to make her get over her anger.

If you choose the gold option, you can dial in how much gold to give. If you give too little, she says "not enough" but takes it any how. I don't know how much it takes to make her friendly again.
Old 02-04-2002, 05:14 AM   #5
Jem
Zhentarim Guard

Rule of thumb: don't shoplift if you want to stay on friendly terms with the merchants. Pickpocketing they don't remember (if you don't get caught, that is) but shoplifting they do. Also, if your PP level is as low as you said earlier, I wouldn't try but 1 PP at a time and then leave and Quicksave and then go back in and try again.

2nd: when Anna starts responding with the 'aliens' remark, are you able to enter talk mode with her or does it automatically kick you out? If it does then you are screwed. If it doesnt then you can always try to appease her with the item/gold.

3rd: If she takes the gold but says 'not enough' then I'd try reloading and dialing in a higher amount so you can get some idea of how much you'll have to sacrifice to appease her. It might be a better idea to hold off on appeasing her for now and come back when you've got the gold to spare. Also -keep an eye out for an item called a "Filcher's Band" since it raises your PP by +10 or 15. I kept 2 of them in my inventory for my bard to wear whenever we encountered an NPC and it made my life a lot easier.
Old 02-04-2002, 10:44 AM   #6
dale
Manshoon

quote:
Originally posted by Jem:
2nd: when Anna starts responding with the 'aliens' remark, are you able to enter talk mode with her or does it automatically kick you out? If it does then you are screwed. If it doesnt then you can always try to appease her with the item/gold.

When she is in the aliens mode, she won't talk with me. I have never tried to see if she eventually comes out of that -- but always reloaded.

quote:

Also -keep an eye out for an item called a "Filcher's Band" since it raises your PP by +10 or 15. I kept 2 of them in my inventory for my bard to wear whenever we encountered an NPC and it made my life a lot easier.

I want one of those! (or two). Purchased or found?
Old 02-04-2002, 11:46 AM   #7
Jem
Zhentarim Guard

I think they were both found but I could be wrong. If I did purchase one, it would have been from Crock or Sadok because I know I had it long before I met Bela or Ferro and I can't think of anyone else who would have carried such an item. As for where I might have found them...I am pretty sure they were monster drops.

I just looked at the itemtable list that Obverse Reaction hosts at http://www.accessv.com/~cpommer/itemtable.txt and found the Filcher's Band listed as possible treasure in the Monastery Wheel Room chest, Nessie's chest (Davy Jones' Locker), and in the "Sea Caves Good" which I suppose means you might be lucky enough to find it in one of the chests there. I didn't see it listed on any particular monster drop but that doesn't mean that's not how I got them.