Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Baldurs Gate & Tales of the Sword Coast
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-28-2004, 02:12 PM   #1
Xzirox
Manshoon

Hi! i just bought this game and I want to know what class I should chose to get it "easy" in the game. I've played it before and i have experience from BG2 + ToB. I dont care what class I get, just dont want my first game to be so hard. Any help appriciated [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-28-2004, 02:16 PM   #2
Melusine
Dracolisk

If that's really all that matters to you, play a straight fighter or a ranger. Or possibly a paladin, but then you'd have so many stats to maximise, a fighter would be easiest. But personally I always started as a cleric - you can wear good armour and shields, fight reasonably well, use Entangle (great spell!) and heal yourself and party members, too.
But the difficulty of the game isn't influenced by your class that much - unless you plan to solo, of course! (which I wouldn't recommend)

Have fun!
Old 01-28-2004, 04:40 PM   #3
RoSs_bg2_rox
Zartan

play whatever you want. I dont think there is any majorly "weakened" classes in bg1, its just really what your comfortable with
Old 01-28-2004, 04:59 PM   #4
Link
Jack Burton

Well.. a wolf can be pretty lethal in the beginnig so mages (low hitpoints total, no armor) are a no-no if you're not that experienced yet with the game.
Link is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2004, 05:29 PM   #5
RoSs_bg2_rox
Zartan

he may have used them in bg2 though. So he may be familiar with them.
Old 01-28-2004, 05:50 PM   #6
Xzirox
Manshoon

Yepp, I am familiar with them ....I've finished BG2 but havent played so far on ToB
Old 01-28-2004, 07:27 PM   #7
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

Being familiar with Mages doesn't mean being used to walking around with only 4 hitpoints. [img]smile.gif[/img] Pick somebody that can wear Plate armor--a Warrior, preferably--for your first run. Make the best Tank you can think of, and you'll know that at least your most important slot is filled to maximum capacity.
Old 01-28-2004, 08:34 PM   #8
Xzirox
Manshoon

"If SixOfSpades says it, DO it [img]redface.gif[/img] " Well im starting my game tonight as a warrior. Thx every1 [img]graemlins/cheers.gif[/img]
Old 02-02-2004, 07:34 PM   #9
karlosovic
Drizzt Do'Urden

I think there are a lot of really good tanks in the game already. Actually, most roles are pretty well covered, but I'd think a cleric would be best as there dont tend to be many good (skill) clerics. Jaheira doesn't count as she's a druid so basically cant use any weapons, and is missing most of the really good cleric spells (although I guess no one gets the really good ones untill BG2, but hey). Her only saving feature is that she's a half fighter, so she can at least wear armour... but then she levels slowly.... so...

I think a cleric is best... or maybe fighter/cleric
Old 02-03-2004, 03:29 AM   #10
InsaneBane
Baaz Draconian

I my first game I started with a Paladin. I did never regret that choice [img]smile.gif[/img]

[img]graemlins/greenbounce.gif[/img]
Insane