Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-04-2001, 04:46 PM   #1
mgdorsey
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Ok this is either really smart, really dumb, or somewhere in between. Hee hee. I was trying to decide what a methodical way to clear a dungeon map was so that I wouldnt miss anything and wouldnt go over the same place a hundred times. I just thought of it so im sure it could be improved. Here it is. Always take the first right. Always. you can take a set of stairs if the map on the screen doesnt change to a new floor. If it does, mark it with a flag and come back later. If you come to an end, simply turn around and take your first right, which will be your second right that you didnt take before. Keep doing this. If you find you end up in the same place because of a circular route turn around and start taking rights again. Then go back and hit the staircases and/or unfinished puzzles marked with flags. Just an idea. of course you could take all lefts too.
mgdorsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2001, 05:54 PM   #2
Davros
Takhisis Follower

I'm not usually as systematic as that, but that is the exact same method I took in the mines. The one exception is that I took the first left. I forgot to check if you were from the states mgdorsey - if you are, this may be explained by what sides of the road we each drive on (ie left turns are less complicated here, right turns are the easier ones in the states).

Cheers,
Davros
Davros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2001, 06:03 PM   #3
mgdorsey
Elite Waterdeep Guard

funny yea im a yankee
mgdorsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2001, 06:15 PM   #4
Davros
Takhisis Follower

Haha, I love it when intuition is right. It will be interesting for others to tell us where they are from, and in which direction that intuitively turn when exploring the unknown .

Cheers
Davros
Davros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2001, 10:06 AM   #5
GRomi
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Davros:
The side of the road may be an explanation, but as well it might be the hand that you use.
I'm right-handed and always turn right while exploring any maze.

mgdorsey:
this is very effective way of exploring (which I always use)
GRomi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2001, 10:40 AM   #6
Black Knight
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Always turn to the right, but passageways before doors. Mark it on your map if you have to. ALways mark spots that you are unsure of what to do. You will EVENTUALLY figure it out.

BK

------------------

The Black Storm Cloud of the Night
Consort to a Queen
Champion of Truth, Justice and Cloudy's Way
Captain of the Knights of the Golden Dragons
Heart, Mind, and Soul
Offical Wizard and Warrior Questioner

()xxxxxxx{}:::::::::::::::>
Black Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2001, 12:25 PM   #7
Deco
Dungeon Master

I usually check the map and look to all sides and decide what will be the shorter path until a dead end, then I take it. If the way is becoming too long I go back and check the other. Many times there are useful items in small branchs of the main path. And love exploring every corner.

-Deco
Deco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2001, 01:56 AM   #8
Dr.Pick
Zhentarim Guard

I follow tips and walkthrough suggestions, but never noticed a pattern to exploration, which I try to do thouroughly wherever I go. I'll have to try to pay attention to that.

+Dr.Pick

[This message has been edited by Dr.Pick (edited 06-06-2001).]
Dr.Pick is offline   Reply With Quote