Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-16-2004, 09:54 PM   #1
wellard
Dracolisk

I think i'm playing an improved Abazigal.

I used to be able to sneak into his domain and pick off some of his minnions one by one and also find time to summon some allies before taking him on.

Now he and his army jump me the second I enter his domain and I get chewed up pretty quick. Tips please [img]graemlins/heee.gif[/img]

fossils - natures way of laughing at creationists for over 3 billion years
wellard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2004, 10:01 PM   #2
shamrock_uk
Dracolich

Abazigal is comparatively easy. It's his blue mate you have to worry about. I have never managed to do him in my solo game with my level 40 mage; it is a very tough challenge, they just monster you before you can even draw breath.

Distract the Salamanders with rubbish from a wand of Monster Summonings if you have one. If you stay near one side of the room then half of them won't even come looking.

The good old timestop will really help. Standard dragon tactics (start standing next to him and then walk further away after each spell). Spellstrike, Lower Resistance x 3, Greater Malison, Power Word Kill. Does the job

If possible, manouvere behind the dragon so you're not buffetted away, distract them with summons (Mordy swords work wonders as they're immune to physical damage). I would set all your fighters to work on Abazigal and he should die fairly quickly. Keep the blue one away with summons until your whole party can focus on him.

Dragons breath seems to do a ton of damage, much more than ADHW or similar. I always thought they would be immune, but apparently not. And don't forget your other HLA's, especially those lovely energy blades from the back [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 10-16-2004, 10:04 PM: Message edited by: shamrock_uk ]
shamrock_uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2004, 10:54 PM   #3
Lord
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

I always take out his little minions first, then his girlfriend, and then him. He's not too much of a threat until he becomes a dragon, so don't make him become a dragon until you kill his girl first.

"No, I only lied about being a thief."
Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2004, 08:09 AM   #4
Xen
Symbol of Moradin

It would help if you tell us who's in your party and what level they are.
Xen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2004, 11:38 PM   #5
whathuh
The Magister

Time for allies... Time Stop works wonders there. Also, if you (imp) haste all your party beforehand while they wear boots of speed, you can jut across the screen to the ice salamanders, kill em quick and start summoning. If you have a Fighter/Mage, or even a Thief with the right scrolls, you can sucessfully distract just about all the guys with a PfMW. The purple psionics dragon is annoying, but (s)he tends to run away and not bother me much. The annoying drakes that go invisible are the worst, so take them out first. And Abazigal in his first form is pretty deadly too, Whirlwind attack can rip through just about anyone when he has activated kai.
whathuh is offline   Reply With Quote