Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-03-2003, 01:30 PM   #1
Granamere
Zhentarim Guard

I am just checking to see if anyone has heard of and NWN servers being hacked into. I would like to run a server I just do not want to be hacked because of it.
Thanks,
Granamere
Granamere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2003, 08:13 PM   #2
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

The only time I offer my PC's IP for connection is when I am playing with friends from IW...(And I have access to all their IPs)...

I have to totally disable Zone Alarm when playing, but I do not know how people with routers do it. I am hoping to get a router soon, just for the built-in firewall.
Old 02-04-2003, 12:11 AM   #3
Granamere
Zhentarim Guard

Maybe I should clarify that a bit more. I am behind a firewall and I know the TCP and UDP ports to open on it. What I am asking for does anyone know if there are any worms or hacks that are out there that try to take advantage of people who run NWN servers. If there are know security issuses are there any know fixes other than just patching when Bioware has a fix? I can put the server on a DMZ but if there are any real bad things out there I would want to seperate the DMZ it was on from my normal DMZ. This would be a pain in the neck plus I would need to resubnet part of the network inorder to do it. I would like to hear that no one has been hit by anyting and NWN is so secure that you need not worry or at least on SUSE Linux 8.1 no problems but windows forget about it. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Thanks,
Granamere
Granamere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2003, 01:20 AM   #4
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Hey! I have your answer. A friend was looking out for me and he always knows where to get the right information. Here is a link that answers your question.

http://zdnet.com.com/2100-1105-981255.html