Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-01-2001, 08:05 PM   #1
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

....is Changi airport, Singapore. Hands down.

I'm only here for an hour, but I could esily spend longer here. It reminds me of thegood times I've had in this little jewel of a country. I love Singapore. The people, the food.

Yum. Eating a prawn/noodle/vegie soupy concoction called... "Prawn noodle soup" of all things. Drinking "winter melon tea" and listening to an indoor waterfall while watching rain pelt Asiatic trees out the huge glass window.

Yay.

------------------
Old 11-01-2001, 08:10 PM   #2
Djinn Raffo
Ra

That does sound pretty cool. I had a stopover there once but it was just the plane landing, dint have to leave the plane.
I had some good times at the airport in Bangkok and also at the one in Edmonton...they used to have a Marvel vs Capcom there for a quarter!!!

Airports i didnt have a good time in were LAX (they sent me luggage to San Fran and i was goin ta Van!) plus it was just so busy and all. And also the airport in Seuol where the smoking room was this blocked off glass room that was totally hazed and there were black spiders all over the place too.

Old 11-01-2001, 08:19 PM   #3
DragonMage
20th Level Warrior

OOOH! That sounds so lovely and exotic, Hugh! I'm going to add Singapore to my list of places to visit, since I seem to be taking up traveling now.

(((HUGS))) Safe journey, friend.

------------------

Alureth...Dragon friend of Breanna, Mage and Advisor in the Court of Lady Lioness

Co-Owner/Operator of the Evil Petting Zoo and devout member of the HADB clan.
Commander of the Dragon Fleet, IW Peacekeeping Force
Sublime Sister of the Illuminati - may the Light shine forever!
Second Historian and Scribe of IW. Mother Hen of IW.
Mage extraordinair, Pin-Up Girl for the OLD-COOTS
Magey-Wagey: performer in the Nekked Dancing Trio of the ORT.

Hopeless Romantic *sigh*
Old 11-01-2001, 08:19 PM   #4
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Quote:
Originally posted by Djinn Raffo:

Airports i didnt have a good time in were LAX (they sent me luggage to San Fran and i was goin ta Van!) plus it was just so busy and all. And also the airport in Seuol where the smoking room was this blocked off glass room that was totally hazed and there were black spiders all over the place too.

Ewwww

------------------
Old 11-01-2001, 08:21 PM   #5
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Quote:
Originally posted by DragonMage:
OOOH! That sounds so lovely and exotic, Hugh! I'm going to add Singapore to my list of places to visit, since I seem to be taking up traveling now.

(((HUGS))) Safe journey, friend.

Cool Dragonmage. Hugs and best wishes back to you.

------------------
Old 11-01-2001, 11:24 PM   #6
Grand-Ranger
Galvatron

Location: Everywhere I wanna go its already where I am,cause I am already there
ohh whats sounds great Yorrick.

Good you see you enjoying your self, mate.

Best wishes

------------------

So if in the forest look behind you, because that where the ranger is going to be

Grand-Jester and Spam Monitor of Laughing Hyenas
Messenger of the Emerald Dragon

May a pregnant yak chew on your ear for all eternity.
A guitar solo is to a guitarsist is what a palette is too a painter.
"...But I look at my self as a fragile, inteligent,human being. But there is a clown inside that comes and messes it up everytime" -Jim Morrison

GO DEVILS!!!!
Old 11-01-2001, 11:26 PM   #7
Hayashi
Silver Dragon

Yorick
Glad you like it. Did you just stop by recently? I know you're an Aussie who's now (was?) in the US, so are you heading back home?

Old 11-02-2001, 04:53 AM   #8
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Cool... for a brief hour, I was less than an hour bus ride away from a Ironworks member.

Glad to see you enjoyed your brief stay here.
Old 11-02-2001, 05:57 AM   #9
Davros
Takhisis Follower

Quote:
Originally posted by Djinn Raffo:

I'll second Hugh's nomination for Changi as best - been there 3 times this year and 7 times in all, and I reckon I have a pretty good idea which bar he's in . I've not been to Seuol Djinn Raffo, but your other "worst" pick LAX - out of 4 visits, I have NEVER had a good experience at LAX (super late connections all 4 times, wrong directions, getting hit on for 7 hours to make many charitable contributions, or be converted in faith - doesn't help that it is either side of that horror flight to and from OZ). And we couldn't discuss airports if we didn;t have a dig at the baggage collection system at Heathrow - that worries me .

------------------

Ironworks Revolutionary Splitter wannabe
Founding Member, and General Demands Adviser of the O.R.T.
Old 11-02-2001, 06:06 AM   #10
Epona
Zartan

There are more bad airports than good. London Gatwick isn't too bad.

Worst would have to be:
Athens (the new 3rd airport - used to be a military airport and there is nothing there)
Cluj Napoca (really nothing there)
Bucharest Otopeni (nothing there)
Prague (nothing there - although I did get some extremely cheap vodka)
Verona (nothing much there)

Actually these experiences are based on places where I have spent a long time waiting due to delays. Athens - 6 hrs. Prague - 9 hrs. Verona - 4 or 5 hrs. Cluj 3 hrs.
Bucharest was the opposite - a complete rush between the 2 airports (due to the delay at Cluj I nearly missed a connecting flight). The plane landed at one airport, and because the cabin and ground crews were alerted that several passengers needed to get a connection from the airport across town they actually unloaded the hold onto the tarmac!! so we could pick out our luggage. They then rushed us across town in the airport shuttle bus. So the airport was a nightmare, but the staff were great, and we did make our ongoing flight.

------------------

Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.

Epona of The Laughing Hyenas
Proud winner of the 'Most Useless Post 250 Has Ever Seen' Award 2001. "I'd just like to thank my friends and family, without whom none of this would have been possible..."