Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-17-2000, 02:09 AM   #1
Ziroc

Anyone remember the Spell that Cleric's used in the old Goldbox games called
Blade Barrier? It was a REALLY nice spell, I dunno what level it was, maybe 5th or 6th.
I remember it doing like 57pts damage each round an enemy was inside the barrier..

I still have the Goldbox books, I may look it up.. .Maybe they will have this spell in BG2 or maybe
Pool of Radiance 2.. Hmmm

Ziroc
Old 07-17-2000, 02:12 AM   #2
Ziroc

It WILL be in Baldurs Gate II, just did a search! Here's the Spells info:
----------------------

Sphere: Guardian, Creation
Range: 30 yards
Components: V, S
Duration: 3 rounds/level
Casting Time: 9
Area of Effect: 5-60 feet
Saving Throw: Special

The priest employs this spell to set up a wall of circling, razor-sharp blades. These whirl and flash around a central point, creating an immobile barrier. Any creature attempting to pass through the Blade Barrier suffers 8d8 points of damage. The plane of rotation of the blades can be horizontal, vertical, or in between. Creatures within the area of the barrier when it is invoked are entitled to a saving throw vs. spell. If this is successful, the blades are avoided and no damage is suffered; the creature escapes the area of the Blade Barrier by the shortest possible route. The barrier remains for three rounds for every experience level of the priest casting it. The barrier can cover an area from as small as 5 feet square to as large as 60 feet square.

Ziroc