Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-17-2004, 11:38 PM   #11
Chewbacca
Zartan

The folder where you extracted the zip file should have a file with the file extension .mod

This file is probably named something like: netherscrolls.mod

You want to put this .mod file inside the your modules folder.
This is where the default installation puts things on my PC:

C:\NEVERWINTER NIGHTS\NWN\MODULES

I usually extract directly into my modules folder by putting the .zip file in the modules folder and then right clicking the .zip file and selecting extract here.

Any questions? [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 02-17-2004, 11:44 PM   #12
Chewbacca
Zartan

oh yeah! Doh!

After you get the module file into the modules folder, just start the game, select new game, and then select other module. The module should be in the list to select along with those BioWare freebies.
Old 02-18-2004, 06:25 AM   #13
Stratos
Vampire

I've played and finished The Nether Scroll, Albromor, so if you need any help, just ask.

Don't forget to extract the netherscrollsC.hak file into the hak folder as well, you'll need it to play the module and it should be in the .zip file you downloaded.

[ 02-18-2004, 06:28 AM: Message edited by: Stratos ]
Old 02-18-2004, 10:51 AM   #14
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

G'day Albromar. Long time no speak! Check out the Hall of Fame in NWVault, they've got some quite outstanding modules there. Your questions seem to have been addressed already so I won't add any more, save to say I'd suggest you try playing online as well as playing offline modules. THIS is the real attraction of NWN - the fact that you can interact with many, many other players in an ever-changing world. [img]smile.gif[/img]

As for modules, the ones I've been impressed with so far are: Pool of Radiance, The Witch's Wake (which is a Bio module), Hullock Cemetery, and the Penultima Series. And you've got to try the Sex and the Single Adventurer - it's hilarious. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[ 02-18-2004, 10:55 AM: Message edited by: Memnoch ]

Memnoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2004, 11:32 AM   #15
Dreamer128
Dracolisk

Hey Stratos, how good were 'The Nether Scrolls'? Worth trying?
Dreamer128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2004, 12:25 PM   #16
Albromor
Mephistopheles

Yo, Memnoch! Good to hear from you. I am eternally grateful to you when you warned me away from the final two novels of the Gord the Rogue series by Gary "I'm Thoroughly Narcissistic" Gygax. As for playing online that, too, is something I never tried before. I can see it now, me a novice joining veterans of online play and this happens alot: "Albromor, you fool! You just managed to kill us again!"

Thanks to all of you with your help. It is people like you that make this the best site on the Web.

Stratos, are there places to rest and merchants that identify and buy in Nether? I have heard that rest areas are hard to come by and I will need a merchant VERY soon because I have all this stuff from the final area of SoU that I could not identify and sell. I truly appreciate the offer of guidance, Stratos, plus what Dreamer 128 asked.

Speaking of the Hak file, do I transfer this to the NWN module folder just like I do the game itself? Is this the correct folder? - C:\NeverWinterNights\NWN\modules

* Update: Okay, I went to put the module in the NWN folder. Windows says that it needs a Program.exe to place this "MOD file." What do I do? And does the Hak have to go directly to the Hak File?

Will the Hak file automatically merge with the game, or is there something else I must do? Like I said, guys, this is all new to me. Your patience is much appreciated. I actually learn a whole lot faster if shown, but that is impossible with the distances inbetween.

[ 02-18-2004, 01:14 PM: Message edited by: Albromor ]
Albromor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2004, 02:53 PM   #17
Stratos
Vampire

The first thing you'll notice about the Nether Scrolls is that the enemies are a bit tougher than in SoU, at least in the beginning. NS is created by Papermonk, one of the members of CODI, so you'll see some nice custom enemies in the module; rustmonsters and a new golem design.

You'll find a merchant early on and there are a few rest areas around, you'll just need to run to them everytime you want to rest. Fortunately, the areas are rarely big and complicated, and if they are, there's usually several rest areas.

I haven't tried the other finalist in the bridging module contest so I can't compare, but NS is a thoroughly good module. It does still, like almost all other mods, give you a feeling that it's made by a fan and not a experienced game designer.

Albromor, 'tis strange that Windows ask for a program to place the .mod file in the modules folder. Are you sure you didn't accidently tried to start it, ie double-clicked on the file?

Correct, the .hak file goes into the hak folder in your NWN directory. The game will automatically search for the appropiate .hak file when you load a module in-game, so just leave it there and the game will fix the rest. This goes for custom music and movie files as well, if a module have them.

[ 02-18-2004, 02:55 PM: Message edited by: Stratos ]
Old 02-18-2004, 04:54 PM   #18
Albromor
Mephistopheles

Got it! I was failing to load it to the NWN folder when I was in the process of unzipping it.
Albromor is offline   Reply With Quote