Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-17-2002, 05:17 PM   #1
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

I've finished the game a while back and i'm still replaying it! For me this is big, as even with the classics like BG2 and IWD1, after the first time round I kinda had enough. Don't get me wrong they were fantastic when I played em and I was lovin every last minute of these games but, there was almost too much unchangeable RPing that one had to go through on the second time round and for me it just got boring; all the mysteries were solved and I knew exactly what to do(although I will say the current mods take care of some of that).

With IWD2 what keeps me playing are the battles. Some are just great! The kind of heroic classic D&D battles we all love. Theres just so much versatility in this game especially with character classes that I find myself wanting to play certain chapters again and again using different classes/races and not get bored in the least. There are spells that I still have never cast, weapons I have yet to use and just...so many ways to make your enemies suffer [img]smile.gif[/img] .
Old 11-18-2002, 08:39 AM   #2
Kygon-Jo
Dungeon Master

Spirit I share your opinion. I completed BG2 and the expansion, I tried to go through twice and I only got half way through.

I am going through IWD2 for the second time. Yhe magic items are great. I will never be able to use them all. Same witht he spells.

I also dropped three of my original party (My halfling rogue, My human cleric and my half-elf fighter) and added some of the other classes. (Tiefling rogue, Assimar Paladin and a female Cleric). I admit I bumped there XP up to the levels of the original party. I just Roleplayed (rationalized) that they were adventurers who joined the party from elswhere.

I am enjoying the second time though in HOF more than the first time.

As I have written in other threads. I hope they make an add on for this game.
Kygon-Jo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2002, 08:56 AM   #3
Callum Kerr
Drizzt Do'Urden

And as I have written in reply to you on other threads, they aren't going to!!!!!

I really enjoy the game too... and I have also "rationalised" some characters that I wanted to try... see my all drow party thread for details...
Of course, now I have to start all over again at level one... because I wouldn't DREAM of using these characters in a REAL game

hehe

[ 11-18-2002, 08:58 AM: Message edited by: Callum Kerr ]
[img]\"http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0RwARAyMWqyivmPQQNWY0hVVRv3oUvlvq5uMcEd3!RZut55dm8 emNqpdvpE7IkB0Cpa1ykaC4MbaPQTDKfXyfz!1y5xDqyJez01d EkyCZjmc/Callum.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br />Puff the magic dragon!
Callum Kerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2002, 03:15 PM   #4
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Actually Callum their take on this (making an expansion) is vague right now.
People are saying they've been told 'No' by Black Isle and yet I read the premier interview with IWD2's producer and he said 'As with all our previous game expansions we don't know for sure until we see how the game itself is recieved'.
Ken from Team BG took a look at IWD2 and said he was certain they plan to as there was programming evidence in the game making it compatible with an expansion.
Old 11-19-2002, 07:25 AM   #5
White Lancer
Drizzt Do'Urden

That doesn't really mean that they are going to make one though. Just because you have a bucket of paint in your garage, that doesn't mean you are going to go paint all your walls. It may be that they only put that in while making the game, but then changed their minds on the expansion, and couldn't be bothered/payed enough to fix it, think on it.
It deons\'t mttaer waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, it olny mtaetrs taht the frsit and lsat ltteer be croecrt. The rset can be a tatol mses and you can sitll raed it. The huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe.
White Lancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2002, 11:33 AM   #6
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

It also does not mean that they're *NOT* gonna make one too. Usually when you buy a bucket of paint - eventually you find a use for it.
Old 11-19-2002, 12:37 PM   #7
Jack of Speed
Manshoon

After your done painting you can clean out the bucket and cut eye holes in it and wear it as a helmet. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 11-19-2002, 02:07 PM   #8
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Eureka, its alive.