Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-17-2002, 02:28 PM   #1
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

I got the medal of lost followers to get the Holy Avenger, but the 6 goons who I need to fight with is super duper tough. And that stupid game put all my character right in the middle of everybody before the fight. How do I defeat them all??
Kakero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2002, 03:00 PM   #2
Azred
Drow Priestess

Question Mark

With superior tactics and a positive outlook.

I retreated through the fence; this creates a bottleneck through which they must advance in order to attack you. Drop some area effect spells through the opening: Web, Grease, Acid Fog, Cloudkill, Holy Word, Insect Plague, etc. Also, summon some quick help to prevent the bad guys from advancing; the monsters won't last too long, but you can use that time to drop some enhancement spells on your own group. Finally, concentrate all your firepower on only one person at a time--you'd be surprised how quickly you can drop someone by using 4 or 5 missile weapons.
One of the Six can fire his bow over the fence, so be aware of this.

No matter how thinly you slice it, it's still bologna.
Azred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2002, 03:35 PM   #3
Kygon-Jo
Dungeon Master

When in doubt use improved invisiblity and animate dead. I also read some thread that say the cleric spell Undead ward and/or banishment might work.

Just remember You need a paladin to use the sword you get. It is not usable by all other classes.
Kygon-Jo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2002, 07:59 PM   #4
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

Azred : I've tried that, but soon the place is crawling with tons of undead. hmmm..

Kygon-Jo : Animated dead is too slow to be cast. before you finish casting it you are dead. hmmm...undead ward or banishment? I'll try.
Old 11-17-2002, 09:38 PM   #5
Imrahil
Elminster

IIRC, you can cast all your Summon spells *before* clicking on the grave. That should give you plenty of cannon fodder to slow down the Lost Followers.

- Imrahil
Imrahil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2002, 12:03 AM   #6
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

thanks Imrahil , that sure did the trick. my paladin now got his holy avenger. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-18-2002, 09:56 AM   #7
Madrigal Five
Dungeon Master

Those 6 suckers are undead, so if you're feeling lucky and you've weapons with the Disruption ability, you might try using those on 'em.

The thing is these guys are pretty tough and almost always make their saving throws. Still I was able to kill that pudgy dwarf guy with the Swarzinian Halberd this way.
Madrigal Five is offline   Reply With Quote