Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-03-2001, 01:45 PM   #1
Sir Degrader
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Has anyone ever seen this but there is a picture of a tourist atop the WTC (don't know which tower) and in the backround there is a plane EXTREMELY Close to the Tower.

Also there is a supposed seeing of satans face in the smoke of the first plane chrash.

why did i post that?
Sir Degrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2001, 01:55 PM   #2
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

The tourist picture was confirmed a fake.
I have seen it.
I don't think that type of joke was funny...due to the nature of the event.
The smoke thing was pretty clever, but I have not heard whether or not that had been doctored up as well.
Larry_OHF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2001, 03:00 PM   #3
Beaumanoir
Iron Throne Cult

Satans Face In The Smoke?? Hmmm, Thats Something I'd Have To See To Belive, But About The Tourist Picture, I Havent Seen It, But Whoever Did It Is A Very Sick Person..
Old 12-03-2001, 05:44 PM   #4
Ronn_Bman
Zartan

It is a "demonic" face in the flames. I don't believe it was doctored, it's just one of those things like seeing images in clouds. Clouds aren't constantly changing with great speed, so you can sometimes make out an image and watch it float across the sky until it finally "dissolves" into something else. With fire, it has to be a "still" image, or picture, because it's not something you'd see for more than a split second.

There was an entire issue of a firefighters magazine I saw at work dedicated to the subject after September 11th. It had pictures sent in from firefighters over the years pointing out images. Some were quite obvious, others had to be highlighted. Several pictures from September 11th showed faces, sometimes up to three per picture, but not all were demonic. With the volume of pictures taken of the disaster, it's not surprising images have been discovered. I don't know of a link to any, but I did see the one you're talking about in the magazine, and it was quite chilling.
Old 12-03-2001, 05:58 PM   #5
Beaumanoir
Iron Throne Cult

quote:
Originally posted by Ronn_Bman:
It is a "demonic" face in the flames. I don't believe it was doctored, it's just one of those things like seeing images in clouds. Clouds aren't constantly changing with great speed, so you can sometimes make out an image and watch it float across the sky until it finally "dissolves" into something else. With fire, it has to be a "still" image, or picture, because it's not something you'd see for more than a split second.

There was an entire issue of a firefighters magazine I saw at work dedicated to the subject after September 11th. It had pictures sent in from firefighters over the years pointing out images. Some were quite obvious, others had to be highlighted. Several pictures from September 11th showed faces, sometimes up to three per picture, but not all were demonic. With the volume of pictures taken of the disaster, it's not surprising images have been discovered. I don't know of a link to any, but I've did see the one you're talking about in the magazine, and it was quite chilling.

That Does Sound Really Scary.....
No, REALLY Scary....
Old 12-03-2001, 07:57 PM   #6
Ronn_Bman
Zartan

I just want to point out again, this is not something that only happened on September 11th. It has been documented for many years.
Old 12-15-2001, 11:17 AM   #7
Horatio
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

I would like to say something:

TRICK OF THE LIGHT!!!!!!!

Maybe...

Yes, I agree that the doctored tourist picture was a VERY sick thing, and that the person responsible should be dragged from LA to California by his/her hair. And NO pit stops!!!
Old 12-15-2001, 11:22 AM   #8
Ronn_Bman
Zartan

quote:
Originally posted by Horatio:
I would like to say something:

Maybe...

Its definately a natural phenomenon (like the shapes in the clouds I mentioned), nothing supernatural [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]
Old 12-15-2001, 11:56 AM   #9
Horatio
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

quote:
Originally posted by Ronn_Bman:

Its definately a natural phenomenon (like the shapes in the clouds I mentioned), nothing supernatural [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]

Don't doubt somethin coz u don't understand it (that's why I sed 'Maybe'). Stranger things have happened. Like UFOs. Or Westlife.