Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-12-2001, 02:31 AM   #11
huma
The Magister

quote:
Originally posted by Tancred:

No, no, no, no, no. Be at peace - all brits are waiting with baited breath, same as you. But the premiere was held in London on Monday, and I suppose it's possible someone on the board was there.

Ahh perhaps a little bit of wishfull thinking on my part.I thought it had been released,didn,t realize it was just the premiere.Still,maybe someone from here has seen it.
Old 12-12-2001, 03:03 AM   #12
Lifetime
Red Dragon

Ah HAH! I have PREVIEW TICKETS! YAY! I dont know how my dad got them but he did! Wheee!
I'm planning to watch the movie more than once anyway.. I've seen the movie guide and visual compendium in stores and the movie looks fantastic!
Old 12-12-2001, 05:31 AM   #13
norompanlasolas

Another review from Entertainment Weekly... http://www.ew.com/ew/article/review/...owship,00.html

THIS MOVIE IS GOING TO ROCK.
Old 12-12-2001, 07:17 AM   #14
Staralfur
Baaz Draconian

I will have to wait until 10 days after it is released to see it
(Although I am going to Morocco instead).

I've read a few of reviews, and there seems to be a couple of trends. There are some that go for all out praise of the film, saying they've done complete justice to the book and Tolkein, etc.... Then there are the some from reviewers who obviously have some bug-bear about LOTR, and give it muted praise.

As for comparisons to Harry Potter, I wouldn't like to say. I'm not a HP fan, but I have seent he film. I found it a bit drawn out and there was very little plot, most of which was nicked from other stories. One huge problem I have about it is blatent favouritism thoughout it. Having said that I've seen far worse films, and it was kind of enjoyable to watch for 2.5 hours, and not really dwell on too much. I don't think it can be compared to LOTR, but I don't think it was meant to. I think this comparason is only being made by people who are going to make money out of this whole 'battle'.
We\'ve heard that a million monkeys at a million keyboards could produce the Complete Works of Shakespeare; now, thanks to the Internet, we know this is not true.\"<br />Robert Wilensky <br /><br />\"Why is there only one Monopolies Commission?\" <br />Screaming Lord Sutch<br /><br />If you choke a smurf, what color does it turn?
Old 12-12-2001, 07:19 AM   #15
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

I am so @#$% excited about this movie. Dec 19 it opens here in Oz.