Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Roleplaying > Ironworks Online Roleplaying
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-12-2002, 02:05 PM   #11
Sir ReGiN
Gold Dragon

Sennid Isdotter

Sennid looked at the staff the old man had brought with him into the inn. What was it the druid had said? Steelpike staff? Whatever it was it looked as though it could make a persons head end up ten feet away from its body in one single blow.

She looked at the old man who met her stare and smiled and then returned to drinking his ale.
Thoughts grew in her head. She had recognized his coins, they were either from the eastern seas (the "moonsea area") where pirates were common, or from the settlements outside Cormanthyr.
Perhaps he was someone who had been sent to kill her to revenge the murder of her father, maybe a crew member of some sort. But then she realized the absurdity of her thoughts, why would he not just stab her in an alley or something if he wanted her dead? And there was that staff of his..
No it seemed more likely that he was from Cormanthyr than a man of the sea, or maybe he had just stolen the coins.
Who the hell was he?!
She decided to ask him rather than letting her thoughts carry away with her.

"I'm sorry, but when someone I don't know starts talking to me like he knows me, I tend to get a bit nervous. Tell me your name and why you are here and I will listen to whatever you have to say."

OOC: Sorry 250 but I haven't recieved any PM
Sir ReGiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2002, 05:43 PM   #12
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

"Lets say all living things cast shadow, which dance with the flames of mountains Styx. The horrors of life is as true as the beauty of it, like I said, I am a humble observer of this great truth. My name is inconsequential to you, likely not even your bard friend here has heard of me."

Suddenly he became very serious, the casual light in his eyes diminished

"You all have been chosen. I heard your mind asking the silent questions, but it is not up to me to reveal the wishs of the spirit. However, be advised, hold on to the moonstone, you shall need its strength in time of darkness."

sorry, the ironworks crashed when I was abt to send u another pm, check again plz

[ 09-12-2002, 05:45 PM: Message edited by: 250 ]
250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2002, 07:43 AM   #13
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Robin Clym

How did the old man know about the moonstone? Robin clutched his moonstone tightly and casually placed it back into his leather coat. He wondered what Sennid knew of the old man.

"What time of darkness do you speak of?" Robin asked the old man.
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2002, 08:40 AM   #14
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

"The Goddess of Night, One Who Darkens With Her Shadowy Presence, seeks to reign the mortal world. Darkness plots to unthrone the Light, and Light prevails. This ancient theme had been played for centuries to come. Now there is the Dark Devourer, one who consumes all, which the Goddess of Night desires. Should Her mortal agent lay hands upon it ..."

He stopped abruptely. The blue orbs looked deep into the ale in his hands, and the stare penertrated the watery surface and dug deep into some obscure and dark places. His visage calm and peaceful, yet you cannot dismiss the disturbing light loomed in his eyes. For just a second, his crispy and withered skin and the weariness between his white eyebrows seemed so very obivous to you. They stood out much more than the youthfulness of his eyes. Slowly he looked up and surveyed the group one by one. As if guessing your mind, he said

"In time, all shall unroll before your eyes."

[ 09-13-2002, 08:42 AM: Message edited by: 250 ]
Old 09-13-2002, 11:11 PM   #15
Skydracgrrl
Silver Dragon

Skye

While the old man was talking, Skye had silently sat down and listened. As he trailed off, she spoke up. "But hasn't this ever happened before? Hasn't it been stopped? History does have a tendency to repeat itself..." she asked the old man. "Selune was able to stop Shar in their battle, at least for a time being, right? Do we need to somehow find her.. or an agent of hers or something?"

[ 09-13-2002, 11:12 PM: Message edited by: Skydracgrrl ]
Skydracgrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2002, 02:22 AM   #16
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

"Take out your moonstones, and held it before your eyes."

You complied his instructions. Then you heard him chanting softly. Before you could utter a protest, the room around you vanished. The vision was dim, and you could only barely make out the unfamiliar surroundings. You could also see the distance mountain ranges, shadowy against the orangishly dark sky.

You looked up briefly, and the sight took out your breath. Miles and miles of them, the dark clouds roared and sailed with the wind. Like a disease, they spreaded over the sky. Some of the black dusts rained off from above, and the rest of the mass went on and on...

The world around you, once again, vanished. And you heard the elderman's voice, but the words were something barely audible. Suddenly, you felt being dragged into some time swap. You saw shapes and images rapidly changing and spinning, and lands flying past beneth your feet. You heard voices, shouts, crys, pleads, and curses, they all struck you at once. And it went on like centuries. As suddenly as it started the chaos seized, and you were left alone by the voices you heard. A single distant wolf's howling brought you back to reality. You found yourself lying on black soil, and listlessly you turned you head to dicover your companions scattered around you.

[ 09-14-2002, 01:03 PM: Message edited by: 250 ]
Old 09-14-2002, 04:57 AM   #17
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

OOC:

The moon is now high in the sky. Except a few clouds cast shadows over your head, the silvery light made visiuals fairly clear. You can see up to 20ft. furthur, with night vision

Thalali, are you going to participate?

[ 09-14-2002, 05:00 AM: Message edited by: 250 ]
Old 09-14-2002, 09:33 PM   #18
Skydracgrrl
Silver Dragon

OOC- I believe Thalali said that he was grounded. I don't know if this is still current though. ^^

Skye

Skye sat up slowly and clutched her head with a groan. Standing up, she walked over to her fellow companions and shook them anxiously. "Wake up, we need to find somewhere safe to stay other than out here," she told them, keeping a sharp eye out for predators. Her hand unconciously reached for the moonstone in her pocket, and she relaxed to find it still there. She looked around for the old man, but couldn't find him. 'I hope he's alright...' she thought to herself.
Skydracgrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2002, 02:31 AM   #19
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Robin Clym

Robin was in a slight daze, but he soon recovered. He was used to speed, but the unexpected rush of the teleport disoriented him for a short while. The first thing that he did was to make sure he was still in possession of his moonstone and he was. Satisfied that the moonstone was safe, he made a quick scan of the surrounding area and quickly chose a suitable clearing that was surrounded by a semi-circle of trees.

Signalling to Skye, he dragged Sennid to the clearing, lay him down on the ground and proceeded to use his hands and quarterstaff to dig up a hole in the center of the clearing. Once the hole was sufficiently deep, he filled it up with tinder and some dry firewood, and tried to use two sticks to light it up, but failed to do so as the sticks were not dry enough.

He looked at Skye expectedly, "Do you have any fire spells?"

[ 09-16-2002, 06:45 AM: Message edited by: Dundee Slaytern ]
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2002, 05:33 AM   #20
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Skye & Robin, you couldn't see any appearant danger, but you both spotted a camp fire about a lil less than a couple miles away. It was setted in the openning, and easily seen against dark sky. The land was unfamiliar to you.

OOC:
what do you do?

[ 09-15-2002, 06:27 AM: Message edited by: 250 ]