Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-06-2002, 03:05 PM   #1
Mellagar

Through Mr. T's journal I found the treasure he left in the rock in the south end of the woods north of the Umar Hills. How do I get to it, because when I try to click on the rocks I get the circle with the line through it. What's the trick? My group is standing in from of it now shaking their heads and getting itchy.
Mellagar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2002, 03:22 PM   #2
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

I have never been able to get it either.

Maybe you need to get both part of the journal.
Old 04-06-2002, 03:30 PM   #3
Mossy
Dungeon Master

That treasure only shows up as one of the ranger stronghold quests.
Mossy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2002, 05:27 PM   #4
Mellagar

I just found this out, as I am a ranger and after helping a forest spirit I was able to discover what is in the rocks. Of course now that I have this mithril medallion, I can't sell it, or have it forged into anything.......so what do I do with it?
Old 04-06-2002, 05:33 PM   #5
Sir Mandorallen
Baaz Draconian

There should have been some decendent of the the guy who found the mithril that wants it and is ruining the forest to get it. You agree to find it for him. You go and find the seconed part to the journal and you go and get the mithril, but -(GASP)- Its useless!! The mithril is no good and there isnt much of it so all you do now is give it back to the idot decendent and he leaves and you win. Horay!!
Old 04-08-2002, 05:09 PM   #6
Mellagar

Hmmmmm.....well since I clubbed the rich noble to death.....ah well, another trinket to add to my collection back at the cabin.
Old 04-09-2002, 06:33 PM   #7
Sir Goulum
John Locke

What is Mithril anyways?
Sir Goulum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2002, 06:59 PM   #8
Mellagar

If I recall correctly Mithril is a type of material that is nearly unbreakable, and is used by elves for making armor and weapons. Its usually a shiny silver color. Please correct or add if needed.
Old 04-09-2002, 08:46 PM   #9
okkid
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Is it a mithril coin? caue if it is I think you can put 20 of them in the asylum machine an get Jester's Chain
Three Rings for the Elven-Kings under the sky.<br /> Seven for the Dwrf-Lords in their halls of stone.<br />Nine for the mortal men doomed to die.<br /> One for the Dark Lord on his dark throne<br />In the land of mordor where the shadows lie.<br /> One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them<br />One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them.<br />In the land of Mordor where the shadows lie.-J.R.R. Tolkien
okkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2002, 05:31 PM   #10
Ares

err..adamantine is used to make drow weapons and armor while Mithril is used to make regular elves weapon and armor..?

The Mithril Medallion is useless if you clubbed the noble to death, so just keep it for a keepsake item or something like that

And i dont think you can get Jester's Chain from the BOOT machine in the asylum dungeon...only Boots of North, Ground, and Speed i believe; anyone care to correct me?
Ares is offline   Reply With Quote