Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-01-2002, 04:13 PM   #11
Arvon
Unicorn

quote:
Originally posted by ʆë®Ñï†Ý:

I don't think he's trying to evoke sympathy but rather rudely tell the US government to keep their noses out of his business. Either way he's made his point, if in a rather inhumane way. I think his country might be at the stage where they have nothing left to lose so they're just going for it. Don't forget it's also the American government that trained these ppl to fight for them in the first place... I guess it's a bit like the dog that bites its master. Only America's not really Afgahn's master.

I'm sure there are other terrorist countries out there that just don't dare openly go up against America, I mean frankly no Country is stupid enough to go looking for total anihalation(sp?) although they might resent American interference in their affairs.

What the terrorists did was wrong. But Bin Laden's probably seen as a Hero for the terrorists now. No matter if America catches him or he dies he'll always be the Terrorists "Gahndi" in a kind of way.

Also the use of the word "Terrorist". If you think about it, back when America was fighting for it's independence, what did the English call that if not terrorism?

Theres a couple of points I'd like to address. First the American Revolutionaries didn't commit act of terrosium against the civilian population. This is unlike the terrorist from say Northern Ireland, or some of the others that want to panic and terrorize the civilian. To in effect distroy civilation.

53.7% of all statistics are made up
Old 02-01-2002, 11:04 PM   #12
salom
Elite Waterdeep Guard

i hope hes dead and if hes not i dont think he is in afganistan (dont mind my spelling) hes probaly fleed to some small country.