Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-19-2004, 08:48 AM   #11
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

That's right WillowIX. I for one was looking into that but then I was worried about the compatibility problems Radeon has. And of course, me being an nVidia user all my life, it will be a shock.

So Bungleau, just stick to where you are comfy, because that can make you feel more secure [img]smile.gif[/img] But then if you want a sense of adventure... hehehe

I stuck with nVidia and I am happy with it. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 02-19-2004, 11:29 AM   #12
WillowIX
Apophis

Quote:
Originally posted by Bahamut:
That's right WillowIX. I for one was looking into that but then I was worried about the compatibility problems Radeon has. And of course, me being an nVidia user all my life, it will be a shock.

So Bungleau, just stick to where you are comfy, because that can make you feel more secure [img]smile.gif[/img] But then if you want a sense of adventure... hehehe

I stuck with nVidia and I am happy with it. [img]smile.gif[/img]
I haven't had any problems with any of the Radeon cards I have used. I started with a 9700Pro and then went to 9800Pro and now I have another 9800XP or whatever it's called. I can still play all my games, except the ones that will not work on Windows 2000. So the Radeon incompatibility issue is hugely overrated.
Old 02-19-2004, 02:48 PM   #13
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

The Radeon 9600 pro appears to be about twice as many dollars. I think, based on the feedback, that I'm comfortable with this one. I don't do much "current" gaming, so not being the best and brightest won't be a real issue for me.

At least, not for a while [img]smile.gif[/img]

Thanks, all.
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Old 02-19-2004, 07:36 PM   #14
magnetism
Manshoon

That is graphics processor in my laptop and it handles the JOB. For GL games at resonable 15 inch resolutions. UXGA resolution is not reasonable with this card for GL & direct3d applictions.

Congrats on the get.
Old 02-19-2004, 07:59 PM   #15
Felix The Assassin
The Dreadnoks

Quote:
Originally posted by Bungleau:
The Radeon 9600 pro appears to be about twice as many dollars. I think, based on the feedback, that I'm comfortable with this one. I don't do much "current" gaming, so not being the best and brightest won't be a real issue for me.

At least, not for a while [img]smile.gif[/img]

Thanks, all.
B, B, B,. You know we go back a few years in the old forum. How could you do this to us. Especially "Missy Hissy". Why that brand? And why the bottom of the barrel? They had to put 256MB on it to keep up with the card it was to replace.
http://www.tomshardware.com/graphic/...0-5200-03.html
I won't even compare it to Radeon, well maybe the 7200 that is in my pile of "stuff". I guess if you want to play "pac-man" it's an ok card. But any real modern 3D game and you'll have the FD over to extinguish the flames.

The cards Willow speaks of were not even in production for the above mentioned link, so antiquated comes to mind right off the bat. Now true, I can't afford the top dogs either, so I can feel your thoughts there.
Next time, just put your post out there, and we will give you the best there is.

Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

John F. Kennedy
35th President of The United States

The Last Shot

Honor The Fallen

Jesus died for our sins, and American Soldiers died for our freedom.

If you don't stand behind our Soldiers, please feel free to stand in front of them.