Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-22-2001, 05:39 AM   #101
Donut
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Davros:
- Hi Donut,

Well the pain of the one day series is over for you now. I thought it was a bit cruel of your boys to deny Gilchrest and Ponting the centuries they so richly deserved by having your batsmen not make enough runs for them to chase. I heard one of the commentators make a good point - if they want to stop pitch invasions then they shouldn't use crowd control measures. In that game you forfieted, all it would take would be something like Pakistan doing the forfieting instead of you guys. Then let's see how many of them will be eager to do it next time.

Oh well, serious tests start soon - no more rotating squads then .

Thank God we can put the pyjamas away for another year.

As this is a Rugby thread - how good are this NSW mob then?

------------------

Save Chip - Don't let Sarah win!
Official Titterer of the Laughing Hyenas
Old 06-22-2001, 05:57 AM   #102
Davros
Takhisis Follower

What's this polluting a good cricket talk with Rugby???? NSW are the weakest of the super 12 sides, so you are more likely to get a full strength side this time (ie not many true Wallabies to keep up our sleeve ). One more pyjama game to go before we can put them away though - the final.

Hey Donut, do you have a TV show called "The Weakest Link" run by a terribly snooty and uppity game host (it seems to be world wide). That channel is the one that is broadcasting the cricket, and the cricket followed the show last night. They had the snooty hostess do the promo for the cricket (but you will probably only understnd the line if you have everseen the show) - something about "Once again you have been found sadly lacking. England, you are the weakest link - GOODBYE" .

------------------
Old 06-22-2001, 06:52 AM   #103
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Donut:

As this is a Rugby thread - how good are this NSW mob then?
They're not as good as Australia A so you boys just might beat them, mate! It will be a good opportunity to lift sagging morale.

I also wanted to congratulate you guys on your world-record - 11 limited overs games without victory! I'm sure that the Ashes will be a different story, though.

Man, everywhere I switch the telly on Australia seems to be winning - I can't escape it!!!!

------------------
Old 06-22-2001, 06:59 AM   #104
Donut
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Memnoch:
They're not as good as Australia A so you boys just might beat them, mate!

I expect the Lions to win by at least 40 points. Unfortunately I won't be able to watch as I'm off to Ascot for a day's racing. More money for the bookies.

------------------

Old 06-22-2001, 07:13 AM   #105
Davros
Takhisis Follower

Hmmmm - I would think by 20 points - I think 40 is a bit of a stretch - your guys didn't look that good last time out .

------------------
Old 06-22-2001, 08:17 AM   #106
Donut
Jack Burton

Quote:
Hmmmm - I would think by 20 points - I think 40 is a bit of a stretch - your guys didn't look that good last time out .

Hmmmmm - different guys this time, and a wounded Lion is a very dangerous animal, a wounded Wallaby however isn't very scary

------------------

Old 06-23-2001, 09:20 AM   #107
Davros
Takhisis Follower

Quote:
See, I gave you a good tip Donut - final margin 17 points. It looks like a few of them Lions boys got a little rattled when NSW started coming back at them.

And for good measure, Pakistan all out for 152 - looks like a repeat of the World Cup Final .

------------------
Old 06-23-2001, 09:36 AM   #108
Staralfur
Baaz Draconian

Quote:
See, I gave you a good tip Donut - final margin 17 points. It looks like a few of them Lions boys got a little rattled when NSW started coming back at them.

If we knew it was going to be a 15 a side tag team kick boxing match the team might have been different. I was going to write more, but I've calmed down a bit now.
Old 06-23-2001, 11:15 AM   #109
Davros
Takhisis Follower

Hmmmm, Well it wasn't 15 a side was it - damn stupid touch judge, what was he thinking . The game would have been even closer if it had stayed 15 on 15, and are you tryying to tell me that the Lions boys were all saints???

------------------
Old 06-23-2001, 11:22 AM   #110
Lioness
Jack Burton

Seeing as I have no clue what you're talking about, or even which sport (rugby or cricket), of course I have to put my two cents in. Of course the Lions will win. There, I've just butted into a conversation I know nothing about. Good for me.

------------------

Official teaser and ranger of the HADB Clan
"Evil round every corner...careful not to step in any."-Minsc