Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-19-2002, 06:54 PM   #1
Barlik Longbeard
Manshoon

This happens in BG1 aswell but in both games some, if not all of the sound konks out after a while of playing and I don't know if it was something I did or not.

If you know can you please tell me.
Old 01-19-2002, 07:59 PM   #2
andrewas
Harper

could be the cable falling out (it happens to the best of us), but if its a regular occurence it might be due to faulty memory on your sound card, screwy drivers or any number of things. if it happne with all games, switch your sound card into another machine and see if it works there. if it still breaks, go get a new one.

unless this only happens under BG1&2, in which case you should goto www.bioware.com and check their faqs. if it happens in other games its likly drivers or hardware.
Old 01-19-2002, 08:09 PM   #3
Barlik Longbeard
Manshoon

Yeah it only konks out for BG1&2, so it cant be afaulty sound card, unless the game only goes gammy for that specific card, but BG2 was working fine up till a few weeks after I played ToB...

Thanks anywho.
Old 01-19-2002, 08:50 PM   #4
andrewas
Harper

freaky. what card do you have?

and did the latest patches from bioware fix it? latest sound driver from the manufacturer? check the readme to see if BG has an issue with your card.
Old 01-20-2002, 03:22 PM   #5
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

I have sound problems in ALL my games; Diablo, Starcraft, BG1 & 2, etc. It's my computer, but I don't know if it's the sound card, the drivers, or the fact that it's Windows ME. When my sound drops out (which is very frequent) I can get it back by either saving the game, ALT-TABbing out to play an MP3 on Media Player, or in BG, entering/exiting a building. Irritating as all hell, especially when the sound dies right before a movie, which WILL lock up my computer, forcing me to Restart.
Old 01-20-2002, 06:09 PM   #6
andrewas
Harper

quote:
Originally posted by SixOfSpades:
I have sound problems in ALL my games; Diablo, Starcraft, BG1 & 2, etc. It's my computer, but I don't know if it's the sound card, the drivers, or the fact that it's Windows ME. When my sound drops out (which is very frequent) I can get it back by either saving the game, ALT-TABbing out to play an MP3 on Media Player, or in BG, entering/exiting a building. Irritating as all hell, especially when the sound dies right before a movie, which WILL lock up my computer, forcing me to Restart.

sounds like something ME does automaticaly is grabbing your sound card at in-oppertune moments - which is directly against the windows api specification, but since when did microsft obey their own specifications? anywya, go bug microsoft about it. as if it will do any good...

before going to the extreme lengths of contacting that orgranisation of evil, you might want to try the usual updating of drivers and checking your cards in right.