Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-10-2001, 08:37 PM   #1
fckoln
Dungeon Master

Possible spoiler

I've been through the game twice, all good or neutral parties. Ranger, Fighter/Mage.

This time though I wanted to hit the "other" side of the game and hook up
with Bhodi. Evil Monk. Well, the other times I was able to get to Edwin via the thieves guild, but never took him (alignment issues in *my* personal roleplaying). This time through though I figured that picking him up would not be an issue. I have finished ALL of Bhodi's tasks, tried ALL of them via many saves, and I still am not allowed acess to the Mar Val (sp) Guild. I tried this at nearly every point in the game. I wanted to get him early obviously. Well, I'm at the point where I can go to the Island and still no option to get Edwin. Any ideas?

Many thanks in advance.

*as I prepare to backstab you*

Would did you expect, I'm evil!

Old 08-11-2001, 03:21 AM   #2
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Maevar's quest is not related to Gaelan/Bodhi. Suggest you do Maevar's before you take sides there (in Chapter 2, in other words). Then get Edwin in your party.

------------------
Old 08-11-2001, 05:06 PM   #3
fckoln
Dungeon Master

Thanks, I am quite a ways past, and I think I'll ctrl Q him in, if possible. I just got TOB, so I may put this party to rest for a bit and run my BG1-BG2 Fighter/Mage Orion thru Throne of Bhaal before going any further.

I was nevered offered the Maevar quest to begin with so I think ctrl q will be my only option.

Many thanks Memnoch, you are a great moderator.
Old 08-12-2001, 01:54 AM   #4
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Just a question: even if Edwin is evil, can you still take him in a good/neutral party? Will he join? I've heard he's great as a mage.

My current "main character" is a berserk dualled to a mage (fantastic mix) so I probably don't need additional firepower, especially since I have Nalia and Jan tagging along and I'll be picking up Imoen later, but I would like to know if one could pick up Edwin and/or Viconia even if you're playing good? Also, if you're playing evil, can you pick up good NPC's as well?

Alignment is such a pain; one of the few things I disliked about AD&D...other than that, it's a pretty cool system.

------------------
Old 08-12-2001, 03:49 AM   #5
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

It's actually funny having a mix of good and evil characters. It brings out some great dialogue. Evil characters will break away at 20 rep and good ones at 1 rep so as long as you manage your reputation you can keep them. It's a lot of fun!

Edwin's a great mage because he gets a bonus to spellcasting speed as well as some bonus spells at lower levels.

------------------
Old 08-12-2001, 10:19 AM   #6
fckoln
Dungeon Master

I concur whole - heartedly, the mix is what makes it great. Jan, and Minsk are two of the best when it comes to stirring the pot - they are willing to say anything. I tried to stay true to alingment all the way thru BG and my first go in BG2, until I found out it is way more fun to mix up the alignments in the party. You can have anyone in your party, as long as your rep is in the right "zone", a 20 will anger the evils, I believe it is 4 or 5 that the good folk take off, and I have never lost a neutral char, no matter how many of the "police" stormed down on me because I had a rep of 2. BTW - great fights when this happens.