Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-11-2003, 10:08 PM   #1
True_Moose
Gold Dragon

Well, now that we have the basics for a powergaming party covered, it's time to get into the equipment. The weapons and original discussion about party configuration can be found in this thread. Right now, I am planning the ring allocation to each member. What I have is this:

Ranger/Cleric: Holy Symbol of Lathander/Ring of Gaxx
Reasoning: Holy Symbol of Lathander gives us extra spells and strength, always good. The ring of gaxx gives us nice immunities, as well as a nice regeneration rate.

Fighter/Mage: Ring of Regeneration/Ring of (?)
Reasoning: I like for all of my characters, at least those fighting, to have some form of regeneration. As for the second ring, I don't know. The ring of wizardry is a possibility, but you have to jump through some hoops to get it, and I think that other strongholds are nicer than the mage one.

Fighter/Thief: Ring of Regeneration/Ring of Mercykiller
Reasoning: Read my previous explanation for the reason for the ring of regeneration. The ring of the mercykiller is also a nice choice for any backstabbing type, the extra percentages are great.

Cleric/Mage: Ring of Holiness/Holy Symbol of {Whatever}
Reasoning: Fairly obvious. The holy symbol is of great help, and you can really boost up the cleric side of the equation quite hard with this combination. And to be honest, other than the ring of wizardry, the wizard rings bite.

Blade: I have NO idea
Reasoning: Don't need any regenerative items, as he has the Axe of the Unyielding. This is the one I need help with. I really have no clue, sadly.

Sorcerer: Again, no idea
Reasoning: Please, help me. I suck at rings
Old 08-12-2003, 12:44 AM   #2
Lord Draco
Elite Waterdeep Guard

if you have the item mod i would suggest the sorcerian ring and the ring of preservation +2 for sorcerer. thats the best i can help with.
Old 08-12-2003, 08:33 AM   #3
Gangrell
Iron Throne Cult

For the Sorcerer, with the Items Upgrade Mod, I would suggest the Ring of Elemental Mastery and the Sorcerian Ring.

Reasons: The Ring of Elemental Mastery can summon all three main elementals to protect the sorcerer from enemies, and on the plus side there is a side effect of the Elemental Charm abililty. You can charm any man sized or larger than man sized creature (Liches, Fire Giants, Githyanki, etc., though it has no effect on dragons).

The Sorcerian Ring is an obvious reason because of the Protection +1 and the bonus spells per level up to 7th level.
Gangrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2003, 08:41 AM   #4
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Replace the Ring of Regeneration for the Fighter/Thief with another ring like the Ring of Danger Sense or the Ring of Lockpicking.

Ring of Free Action is a must for frontline people with no easy access to Clerical spells, like the Fighter/Mage. Consider the Ring of Earth Control for him too.

The Blade will benefit greatly from the Ring of Acuity as it means an extra 2 Mirror Images, 1 Melf's Minute Meteors and 1 Stoneskin.

The Sorcerer should go for the Ring of Wizardry.

Any free slots can be filled with Rings of Air Control, Rings of Invisibility, Ring of Fire Mastery, Rings of Fire Control, etc... ...
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2003, 06:00 AM   #5
JrKASperov
Fzoul Chembryl

Dude! You totally forgot rings of protection! Where's yer tank without them! Always nice to have lowered saves.
Old 08-13-2003, 08:41 AM   #6
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by JrKASperov:
Dude! You totally forgot rings of protection! Where's yer tank without them! Always nice to have lowered saves.
Most probably because of the issue of enchanted armour/helms.
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2003, 11:32 AM   #7
Faceman
Hathor

it's also no bad idea to keep rings of elemental protection (e.g. Ring of Fire protection) handy if you need any fire/electric/... immunity in a fight. But I'd mostly fit them in the backback and put them on if necessary.