Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-28-2003, 05:04 PM   #1
lucius tiberus maximus
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Ok every time I try to install Icewind Dale it says unistall in running. I have no clue how to turn it off and i cant install Icewind Dale.

anyone know what to do

Lucius Tiberus Maximus

Veni, Vidi, Vici
lucius tiberus maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2003, 05:28 PM   #2
kroma
Dungeon Master

I dont know if I completely understand your question... This is taken from the Interplay website, does any of this help?

Q: ERROR CODE -117: During the installation of Icewind Dale, I receive an error message from the installer with an error code of -117, saying a file could not be copied. What can I do?

A: This error is an InstallShield error that indicates a file could not be decompressed or read from the CD-ROM. Check the bottom of the Install disc (disc 1) for scratches, dust, dirt, or fingerprints. Cleaning the bottom of the disc with a lint-free cloth may help. If you are still unable to install the game, please return your copy for another one.

Q: ILLEGAL OPERATION DURING INSTALL: During the installation of Icewind Dale, I receive an Illegal Operation crash in the installation, sometimes saying something about ZDATAI51.DLL. What can I do?

A: This error appears to be caused by bad disc media. Check the bottom of the disc for scratches, dust, dirt, or fingerprints. If any are found, try cleaning the bottom of the disc with a lint-free cloth. If the crash continues to occur even after cleaning the disc, return the game to your retailer for another copy. Some further information: This problem was sent to InstallShield, and their technical support also recommended several other things to try: Disable any antivirus programs that are currently running, delete the contents of your Temp directory (usually C:\Temp or C:\Windows\Temp), or try installing in Safe Mode.

Q: CAN'T CLICK INSTALL ON THE AUTORUN MENU: When I put an Icewind Dale disc into my CD-ROM drive, I am not able to click Install. How can I install the game?

A: Typically this happens if there was a problem with the installation or if the game directory was deleted without actually uninstalling the application through Windows. Simply open up 'My Computer' on your desktop, find your CD-ROM drive, right click, and select "Open". Then run the Setup.exe file, which will start the installation. When you are ready to uninstall Icewind Dale, you can do so via a shortcut in your Start Menu, or through the Windows Control Panel, in Add/Remove Programs.

Failing that, try closing all applications before running the setup file. I trust that you have already tried rebooting the machine before trying again...
Old 09-29-2003, 09:28 AM   #3
NobleNick
Quintesson

Lucius,

It would help us to help you if you could reproduce the steps you took and the EXACT error message you get.

Very often the problem is that the CDROM drive cannot read your CD, and often the cause of this is a well placed scratch, stain, dirt or fingerprint. If a quick look shows that this is not the problem, your CDROM drive might be a little temperamental. If your machine has more than one CDROM, try installing from a different one.

What's a party,
without a song?
Bards ROCK!
Party On!!

[ 09-29-2003, 09:33 AM: Message edited by: NobleNick ]
NobleNick is offline   Reply With Quote