Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-11-2003, 04:53 AM   #1
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

Anyone know any program which I can use to do such task?

I have nero 5 but it always skip the earlier part of the music. anyone know how to prevent this?
Old 01-11-2003, 07:16 AM   #2
Sir Krustin
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by Kakero:
Anyone know any program which I can use to do such task?

I have nero 5 but it always skip the earlier part of the music. anyone know how to prevent this?
I've used Hotburn pro, it mostly works but I think all of those have their own problems. I don't think HBP decodes VBR mp3s correctly.

Make sure you have the latest versions of the software to keep up with the different encoding methods used, and submit bug reports to the author when things don't work right.

You can use dBpowerAMP to convert troublesome mp3's, I've used it with success on mp3s that HBP can't handle.

BTW, you are burning music you own, right? It's illegal to burn music you've downloaded from the net unless you've purchased it.
Old 01-11-2003, 07:43 AM   #3
WillowIX
Apophis

I use Adaptec CD Creator for my audio CDs. Usually works somewhat better than Nero. And since my hubby got some kind of thingy that allows me to copy my LPs on to CDs there´s a whole lot of burning going on here.
Old 01-11-2003, 09:05 AM   #4
Ronn_Bman
Zartan

I've had the chopped intro problem before, but in reverse. After converting from CD to MP3 the intro seemed chopped on some. I figured it was just the "shrinking" process because when I converted them back to WAV, they worked fine.

Anyway, Musicmatch has always worked pretty well for me, and it's free. The evaluation copy only allows you to burn at 1 or 2X, BUT you can use the MP3 to WAV conversion tool, and then use some other software to burn the cd.

Windows Media player also does the conversions prior to burning, and I've burned lots of discs with it.
Old 01-11-2003, 09:09 AM   #5
The Hunter of Jahanna
Emerald Dragon

I use C-Dex. You can find it here --> http://www.cdex.n3.net
It lets you go from MP3 to WAV and vice versa. It also makes it easy because you can do whole blocks of files all at once. So if you want to make a CD for the car you can just put all the songs in it,convert them and burn them all at the same time. I have heard that some other programs make you do them one at a time.
Old 01-11-2003, 12:39 PM   #6
Lanesra
Symbol of Cyric

I'm with Ronn, musicmatch does the trick for me, and it's well worth paying for the full programme..in my opinion.
Old 01-11-2003, 12:42 PM   #7
Steve Fox
Banned Troll
Drow Warrior

I might be being stupid but I thought that all writing software has that capability, if not then get Nero
Old 01-11-2003, 12:47 PM   #8
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

thanks for the replies. I totally forgot about converting to wav file first. I'll try that.
Old 01-11-2003, 03:15 PM   #9
Animal
Gold Dragon

Musicmatch does a great job of burning an MP3 to an audio CD, and I've had absolutely no problems at all. I understand that LAME is considered one of the best programs out there for such tasks, although it is command line only.
Old 01-11-2003, 08:13 PM   #10
Sir Krustin
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by Animal:
Musicmatch does a great job of burning an MP3 to an audio CD, and I've had absolutely no problems at all. I understand that LAME is considered one of the best programs out there for such tasks, although it is command line only.
lame is great for mp3 conversion, but it doesn't burn.

He's talking about burning mp3's "on the fly". In my experience, though I haven't yet tried musicmatch, most programs have problems with one encoding algorythm or another at any given time.