Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-11-2001, 12:15 AM   #1
Sig Segorn
Dungeon Master

I just killed Mon The Sculz. This is very unimpressive until you factor in that the first time I met him, he wiped out my entire party, so revenge was sweet. I guess I'm in for a rough time of it, aren't I?
Sig Segorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2001, 12:52 AM   #2
Dr.Pick
Zhentarim Guard

Hi, Sig!

If this is your 1st time through, as it sounds to be, that's par for the course until you get used to the gameplay. Did you ensure you had strong characters when you 1st created your party? It's time consuming, but reroling characters when creating them until you have attribute totals of 80 or more helps tremendously. Also, check the best tips threads available through this website. I used the infamous "Tome of Misinformation"(the official hint book) during char.creation, and it was a great help there even if it's unreliable elsewhere. May your adventures be many, your tragedies be few, and may Kerah be with you all the way through!

+Dr.Pick
Dr.Pick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2001, 02:51 AM   #3
Jafin
Symbol of Cyric

Same thing happened to me, killed my party first time. I reloaded and blasted the crap out of him with shock... he didn't last long, I don't think he even got to feel my blade... pity because melee weapons are my FAVORITE!

-Jafin
Jafin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2001, 09:35 AM   #4
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Welcome to the board, Seg Segorn!!!!

Congrats on taking out Mon the Sculz!!!!

Keep us posted on how you are doing!!!

Wyv

------------------
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2001, 09:40 AM   #5
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Mon the Sculz IS a satisfying victory for a first-level party. When I met him, my wizard had the Flamedrop spell, and I had a marvelous time "flamedropping" him and watching him stand there like an idjit being immolated. That was on my first play-through (way back in October) and I was still getting used to the concept of opponents "taunting" you. That Flamedrop was INTENSELY satisfying...hehehe!

-Sazerac
Sazerac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2001, 06:15 PM   #6
Sig Segorn
Dungeon Master

Thanks for your comments, all. Yes, this IS my first playthrough, and I AM having to get used to how you move in the world, and the interface, etc. If I had met a "tough guy" like Mon in "Lands of Lore III," the game I apprenticed in, I would've cut him down in mid-sneer. I promise not to rely exclusively on the "official strategy guide," but I did follow its advice about "re-rolling" the characters you want to create, in order to get started with some decent stats and some extra moolah. I settled on 2 warriors (a Human and a Whiskah), 2 wizards (an Oomphaz and a Lizzord), a Ratling rogue, and a female Dwarf priestess (the attractive one with the short, reddish hair). It's a party I like and have confidence in, but starting out with 0 experience points is asking for it, I'm sure. Haven't seen the Flamedrop spell yet, but Burn and Shock are cool and work pretty well. Also, I rode my first horse last night. That was fun. Giddyup, boy!
Sig Segorn is offline   Reply With Quote