Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-31-2004, 04:51 AM   #1
Ivelliis
Gold Dragon

I've gave my Solo Assassin her own thread, to tell you guys how I'm doing.
I've installed Tactics, as well as a lot of other mods.
I've gave myself two items. Custom hood which protects from game-ending effects (Charm, Hold etc.) and a Bag of Holding.

Using a "lure out by arrow, backstab, run, hide, backstab..." etc. technique I have killed most of the spawning Duergar. All that's left is Illyich and the Greater Otyugh.

Thanks to Xen, who gave me the idea for backstab+vampire touch to kill the G. Otyugh, I'll try that in a bit.

Then Illyich. I've killed two of the wardogs, but because Illyich is a barbarian I'm going to require a different tactic than backstab.

I've got one tactic in my head, and if this works I'll be over the moon [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 12-31-2004, 06:18 AM   #2
TheGodThatFailed
Drizzt Do'Urden

When i solo'd an assasin, this is when you get out the dungeon btw, i found a nice combo. Drink some potions of master theivery, and steal all the arrows of dispelling and biting that you can from the fletcher in the promenade. Poison weapon with arrow of biting deals some nasty poison to your enemys, remember that one

[EDIT] BUT the arrows of biting are in short supply, so i'd recomend only firing one per enemy, then fineshing them off with poisoned arrows of fire. The assasin can make a mean archer like that.

[ 12-31-2004, 06:20 AM: Message edited by: TheGodThatFailed ]
Old 12-31-2004, 07:49 AM   #3
Ivelliis
Gold Dragon

Thanks for the tip TheGodThatFailed [img]smile.gif[/img]

I'm up to Illyich, darn that Glabrezu is hard. Think I'll have to work around him for the time being.

Plus I found an oil of speed, so next time I should be able to get away easily [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]
Old 12-31-2004, 03:07 PM   #4
Lord
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

BTW, hold does not end the game. At least that green slime from traps that hold you doesn't end it (just happened to my solo about 30 min ago and it didn't end), but I'm not sure if the hold person spell acts differently.

"No, I only lied about being a thief."
Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2004, 03:17 PM   #5
TheGodThatFailed
Drizzt Do'Urden

Game ending spells:
Maze
Imprisonment
Feeblemind
Charm
Dire charm
Rigid Thinking (possably)
Mental Domination.

These are all the ones i can list ATM, there might be a few more.

Basicly it's all the ones that turn your party members against each other. becuase there is only one party member, it counts as them having left the party, If you're solo, then there is only one member to begin with, so you're left with no party.As for maze and imprisonment, Maze makes someone dissapear for a while, taking them out your group, so again, you're left with noone. Imprisonment, takes them out permanently, so the same applies.

[ 12-31-2004, 03:19 PM: Message edited by: TheGodThatFailed ]
Old 12-31-2004, 03:25 PM   #6
Lord
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Originally posted by TheGodThatFailed:
Game ending spells:
Maze
Imprisonment
Feeblemind
Charm
Dire charm
Rigid Thinking (possably)
Mental Domination.

These are all the ones i can list ATM, there might be a few more.

Basicly it's all the ones that turn your party members against each other. becuase there is only one party member, it counts as them having left the party, If you're solo, then there is only one member to begin with, so you're left with no party.As for maze and imprisonment, Maze makes someone dissapear for a while, taking them out your group, so again, you're left with noone. Imprisonment, takes them out permanently, so the same applies.
I'm aware that maze and charm end the game for those reasons, but that doesn't apply to being held. If hold turns out to not end the game, you should remove that one from the hood to balance the game a little more since you'll eventually find yourself extremely powerful.

"No, I only lied about being a thief."
Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2004, 03:55 PM   #7
TheGodThatFailed
Drizzt Do'Urden

I didn't say that hold ends the game, it's not it my list, is it? [img]tongue.gif[/img]

I merely named all the spells that DO end the game, and the reason why - Sorry if i sound hostile with this post, it's not intended.

[ 12-31-2004, 03:56 PM: Message edited by: TheGodThatFailed ]
Old 12-31-2004, 04:14 PM   #8
Mystique
The Magister

"I've gave myself two items. Custom hood which protects from game-ending effects (Charm, HOLD etc.)"
Mystique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2005, 07:11 AM   #9
Ivelliis
Gold Dragon

Ok. I wasn't sure which ones ended the game or not, so I just added all of them.