Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-19-2002, 05:00 AM   #1
andyguru
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I'm having an absolute lark with this game, it's absolutely great! Best $10 I ever spent on a game. This site has been a wealth of knowledge and helped me invaluably. Now I really need some help!!

I have gotten into Collasium, but I can only ever seem to get the first glowstone that is given by the first mermaid. It makes the rotating room very frustrating!

On my first try, I managed to jam the east door open and it stayed that way, even when I moved the chest. Then I jammed the North door with the same chest, but once through that door, ir shut behind me, sealing me in!! So I reloaded a couple of times, still no 2nd glowstone showed up, and now the east door just keeps opening/shutting on me and I either get crushed or trapped on the east side.

If anyone can help me through this little snag, I would love to get to Cet and kick his butt.

Also, is there another way back to Brimloch without going through Anaphas' temple every time?

Cheers
Old 01-19-2002, 06:14 AM   #2
Alibaba
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Why, if you have the 3 advanced stone spells -- create portal, teleport and call-to-home, you can switch back to and from your town easily. I did. Whenever I got plenty of inventories, I called back home to sell them. And then teleport back to the place.

BTW, I am preparing to go to Collasium. Do I need to equip every of my guys waterhelmet? If not, how can I play in the deep sea?
Alibaba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2002, 08:55 AM   #3
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Hi andyguru!!!

Sometimes it does happen that Glowstones are not where they should be. It has been said that exiting the place and reloading it will sometimes help. Sometimes.

If you are truly stuck - Xignal or I can hack you a couple of Glowstones to get you on through.

Create Portal, Teleport and Call of Home are the most useful Moon Spells around and will save you LOTS of annoying travel. If you haven't learned them yet, DO!!!

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2002, 05:35 PM   #4
andyguru
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I have the spells Teleport and Create Portal, but not yet Call of Home. It sounds VERY useful.

Where is the second glowstone SUPPOSED to be? The walkthrough says "check the chests to the west before going on to the library" but I can only find one or two chests there, and they only have the usual booty but no stones. I have re-loaded the level about 3 times, and still no stones.

I'll have another go today, and try the chest thing too. If no luck, then I'll get back to you Wyv.

Thanks.

Oh and re the above post: Yes you will need the helmets, and also the rebreathers, unless your characters have Iron Lung trait. I managed to collect enough shells for 3 rebreathers, so took only 3 characters into the underwater city. They managed to handle all the monsters so far, although obviously they can only carry so much treasure. Most spells fizzle underwater though, so maybe a few strong warriors (and someone who can disarm traps) are the go. I took a warrior/ranger/barbarian, a thief/ninja/assassin/monk and wizard/paladin with me, shortly after they had all changed classes. Watch them gain levels after each combat!! He he.
Old 01-20-2002, 12:50 AM   #5
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Some chests are well-hidden, even though they're in plain sight. Make sure you check everywhere; seems to me there's one chest in there that is tucked in between a couple of fallen pillars, and tends to escape the quick eye.

As for breathers and helmets, everyone needs both. You can also hunt around for more crabs to get more shells; Scout skill becomes invaluable there (sailing along merrily, "A crab has been here" -- everybody into the water!).
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2002, 03:49 AM   #6
andyguru
Elite Waterdeep Guard

YAY!! I did it, finally. Had to wedge a couple of chests into the doors, got a bit squished in the process... but now I have all the tablets! Now to head back to Brimloch and get the rest of my crew and then off to kill Cet!

It's a real pain that I missed the Book of Fire at the Serpent Temple (or sold it in ignorance), because I have all the others, and I'd love for my thief/ninja/assassin/monk to become a Zenmaster! Ah well, I'll have to make do with my warlock/paladin becoming a Valkyrie.

Thanks for the help!