Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-27-2002, 09:53 PM   #11
Wilbur
Zhentarim Guard

It's not the royal family part, it's the being governed by a monarch that would be disliked. No one really has anything against the British royal family. Unless somebody read something in a tabloid, scrouge of media that they are.
Old 08-28-2002, 12:01 AM   #12
Morgeruat
Jack Burton

king george is george strait, one of the best country singers there are, but yes we have king george and he's plenty for me
Old 08-28-2002, 05:16 AM   #13
Moni

Knowing there is the potential to end up with a King Billy-Joe-Bob in this country, I say just leave the democratic republic intact. [img]graemlins/biglaugh.gif[/img]

Old 08-28-2002, 05:42 AM   #14
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by Evil Al:
quote:
Originally posted by Gabrielles blades:
just some tidbits
america is a republic not a democracy
and all governments have their downsides
i think id havta say no to a monarchy tho even if it had no power as in the one of great brittain, they are after all just a normal family who gets to spend everyones money without having to work for it right?
They pay taxes here like everyone else. Now they don't get a share of Britians income. They get some for making public appearances. I really don't see the problem in having a royal family, after all, I bet some soccer players get payed more than them.[/QUOTE]They pay taxes ? How ? Theír income is being paid by the taxpayers. At least it is overhere. We have dozens of so called princes and princesses all traveling around the globe. Party here, gala there, i really don't see the use in this. It's all taxpayers money, just like the wedding of our crownprince a short while ago. They actually had the guts to ask the Dutch people to come up with a collective gift for a wedding present. Sure i'll donate.... i needed to go to the bathroom anyway.
Old 08-28-2002, 07:51 AM   #15
Donut
Jack Burton

Quote:
This of course is a load of rubbish. But what do you think? Would America be a better place if it was a monarchy? Would you like to see it as a monarchy like we brits have (no power but the tourists love it.) Or an all powerful ruler of the country that the only way to get rid of him is to kill him. Do you think its would be easier than all the talking round in circles that democratic governments do?
Evil Al - please think before you post dangerous rubbish like this. If the US had it's own monarchy they would have no reason to pay good money to see ours!
[img]\"http://www.wheatsheaf.freeserve.co.uk/roastspurs.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> <br />Proud member of the Axis of Upheaval<br />Official Titterer of the Laughing Hyenas<br />Josiah Bartlet - the best President the US never had.<br />The 1st D in the D & D Show
Old 08-28-2002, 07:58 AM   #16
Donut
Jack Burton

Quote:
just some tidbits
i think id havta say no to a monarchy tho even if it had no power as in the one of great brittain, they are after all just a normal family who gets to spend everyones money without having to work for it right?
Arrrrrrrrrrrrggggggggggggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhh. T!

[img]\"http://www.wheatsheaf.freeserve.co.uk/roastspurs.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> <br />Proud member of the Axis of Upheaval<br />Official Titterer of the Laughing Hyenas<br />Josiah Bartlet - the best President the US never had.<br />The 1st D in the D & D Show
Old 08-28-2002, 08:00 AM   #17
Donut
Jack Burton

Quote:
quote:
just some tidbits
Now they don't get a share of Britians income.[/QUOTE]BritAIn!
Old 08-28-2002, 08:21 AM   #18
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Donut, seems you're on a quest you can never win.
Old 08-28-2002, 08:30 AM   #19
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

*grins and hands Donut a nice lager* Now, now....what's a little t and a between friends? *rolls on floor, giggling hysterically * ahem.... [img]graemlins/blush.gif[/img]
Old 08-28-2002, 08:34 AM   #20
Donut
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Cloudbringer:
*grins and hands Donut a nice lager* Now, now....what's a little t and a between friends? *rolls on floor, giggling hysterically * ahem.... [img]graemlins/blush.gif[/img]
ROTFL. Cloudy you've been spending too much time with me! Well may you blush! I'm only glad the young 'uns don't understand!