Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-21-2002, 11:47 AM   #1
redscorpion
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Recently I asked about that quest. I posted, that I gave toad elixir to Mekdawa, but the Valeia temple priest behaves like the quest hasn't been done yet. I was answered that the person that gave the elixir to Mekdawa should speak to the priest. I can't remember who was the active character when I was giving the elixir away. Anyway, I have only one priest at my party and it looks that it wasn't her. Now I can't switch to other characters when at guild, so it looks I'm stuck for good. If you confirm that the elixir should be given by the party priest only, I think I'll quit W&W for good, for it's a very stupid rule!
So, how is it?
redscorpion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2002, 12:08 PM   #2
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Hi redscorpion!

I don't believe it matters who actually gives the elixir to Mekdawa though usually there is no reason to switch the potion from one character to another. The character who had the quest does have to be selected when you go back to the temple to get credit for the quest. You can check the character's journals to see who has what quests going. You also need to wait for the NPCs to finish (completely) their speeches to actually get credit. I learned that the hard way when I was trying to complete the Paladin quest. I knew I had done everything correctly but was not getting promoted. My problem was that I didn't wait for the NPC to finish talking before I did something else.

If you have any more trouble with this particular quest, you can email me or Xignal a copy of your gamexx.sav (ZIPPED) and we can see if we can't figure out why you are having difficulty. It shouldn't be this hard.

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2002, 12:57 PM   #3
Detah
Dungeon Master

Suppose character #1 has been given the Mekdawa potion quest (and character #2 has not received the quest). Now suppose that character #2 gives the potion to Mekdawa. If you reenter the Priest guild with either character, you will NOT be given credit for the quest. Since character #1 can NOT receive another potion from the Priest guild, your only recourse to still solve the quest, is to steal the potion back from Mekdawa and have character #1 give the potion to Mekdawa. NOTE: you must hear the words 'Mekdawa need this. Toads need this. You are Ukabu.' before you can get credit for the quest.

Furthermore, when reentering the Priest guild with character #1, let the priest complete talking before you click any buttons or use any of the guild's ammenities. If you do something before the priest is done talking, you may not get credit for the quest...as Wyv pointed out. If this happens, then it is NOT possible for that character to ever get credit for that quest.

If you do lots of inventory swapping, like I do then you can run into this problem. To check, right click on your character profile and tben click Journal. Click on characters and then Onabe (I think that is the name of the Valeia guild priest). Read thru everything to see if he gave you the potion quest. If so, be sure that he/she is the one to give the potion to Mekdawa. Only the character with the quest will get credit for solving it.

As with all quests, you must 'get the quest from town' and then 'solve the quest', in order to get credit for it. If you solve it, then get the quest, rarely will you get credit for it.

Detah
Detah is offline   Reply With Quote